Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Acer DVC-V2 webcam driver

Acer DVC-V2 webcam driver

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Does anybody know a workaround to make this camera work?
Acer sold the webcam division to Benq and they do not offer any support to
this camera (at least to my knowledge).
Can I install it as another camera whose driver is available somewhere?
Carlos

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know a workaround to make this camera work?
> Acer sold the webcam division to Benq and they do not offer any support to
> this camera (at least to my knowledge).
> Can I install it as another camera whose driver is available somewhere?
> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Yeah!
But in this case there is no such thing as a manufacturer.
Acer is dead and Benq don't no nothing 'bout webcams.
Carlos

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anybody know a workaround to make this camera work?
> > Acer sold the webcam division to Benq and they do not offer any support to
> > this camera (at least to my knowledge).
> > Can I install it as another camera whose driver is available somewhere?
> > Carlos

Rick

The you might need to purchase some new hardware.

Carlos wrote:
> Yeah!
> But in this case there is no such thing as a manufacturer.
> Acer is dead and Benq don't no nothing 'bout webcams.
> Carlos
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>

>>The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam.
>>--
>>Andre
>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>>"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Does anybody know a workaround to make this camera work?
>>>Acer sold the webcam division to Benq and they do not offer any support to
>>>this camera (at least to my knowledge).
>>>Can I install it as another camera whose driver is available somewhere?
>>>Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

That's the main objective of "Windoze" on every release of the operating
system!

"Rick" wrote:

> The you might need to purchase some new hardware.
>

> Carlos wrote:
> > Yeah!
> > But in this case there is no such thing as a manufacturer.
> > Acer is dead and Benq don't no nothing 'bout webcams.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >

> >>The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam.
> >>--
> >>Andre
> >>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> >>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> >>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> >>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >>
> >>"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well, XP Pro x64 is really for high-end workstations and for supporting the
latest in hardware and software. Its just like Windows 2000 Professional
when it came out.