Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Order time for x64 is absurd...

Reply
Thread Tools

Order time for x64 is absurd...

 
 
Billie Volkova
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
I've had my copy ordered for well over a month now (after they finally
accepted my PID/COA) and it's still stuck on "you will be charged when
dispatched blah blah blah". The even better part is that the card I used to
make the order will expire as of tomorrow because hey, let's face it, who
expected to be waiting this long, and I will also probably be changing
address soon. Will this mean waiting all over again..?
Come on Microsoft. We could've gone out and bought OEM copies and have them
delievered from overseas in less than half the time it is taking to get
order requests to go through.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
But you are getting this one technically free.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Billie Volkova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had my copy ordered for well over a month now (after they finally
> accepted my PID/COA) and it's still stuck on "you will be charged when
> dispatched blah blah blah". The even better part is that the card I used
> to make the order will expire as of tomorrow because hey, let's face it,
> who expected to be waiting this long, and I will also probably be changing
> address soon. Will this mean waiting all over again..?
> Come on Microsoft. We could've gone out and bought OEM copies and have
> them delievered from overseas in less than half the time it is taking to
> get order requests to go through.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
Not exactly free when you have to give up your x86 license. At least he
knows what he is going to have with only x64 on his system.


"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you are getting this one technically free.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
> "Billie Volkova" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O5%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've had my copy ordered for well over a month now (after they finally
>> accepted my PID/COA) and it's still stuck on "you will be charged when
>> dispatched blah blah blah". The even better part is that the card I used
>> to make the order will expire as of tomorrow because hey, let's face it,
>> who expected to be waiting this long, and I will also probably be
>> changing address soon. Will this mean waiting all over again..?
>> Come on Microsoft. We could've gone out and bought OEM copies and have
>> them delievered from overseas in less than half the time it is taking to
>> get order requests to go through.
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Kevin Lowe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs yet.
You're in the same boat as the rest of us.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
maybe longer. LOL!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
NNBXX
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
Yes, actually. I ordered mine April 25th, and still "Order has been
received..."


"Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2005
becareful of your wording, you might get people jealous accidentally NNBXX.

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, actually. I ordered mine April 25th, and still "Order has been
> received..."
>
>
> "Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
>> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?SmVpbmhvcg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2005
What is this talk about order time? I thought Windows x64 was availible for
download for those with XP 32-bit?

It has been released, has it not?

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> becareful of your wording, you might get people jealous accidentally NNBXX.
>
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, actually. I ordered mine April 25th, and still "Order has been
> > received..."
> >
> >
> > "Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
> >> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
> >>

> >
> >

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2005
There is a 120 day trial download but we are talking about the exchange
programe that should have shipped at the end of May, then the end of June,
well July is getting very close and still no sign of shipping, I've too have
been waiting since April

"Jeinhor" wrote:

> What is this talk about order time? I thought Windows x64 was availible for
> download for those with XP 32-bit?
>
> It has been released, has it not?
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
> > becareful of your wording, you might get people jealous accidentally NNBXX.
> >
> > --
> > Andre
> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >
> > "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes, actually. I ordered mine April 25th, and still "Order has been
> > > received..."
> > >
> > >
> > > "Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > > uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
> > >> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
> > >>
> > >
> > >

> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?SmVpbmhvcg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2005
Are you waiting for a Exchange Server for x64 Server operating systems? Or a
client for x64 XP?

"Steve1077" wrote:

> There is a 120 day trial download but we are talking about the exchange
> programe that should have shipped at the end of May, then the end of June,
> well July is getting very close and still no sign of shipping, I've too have
> been waiting since April
>
> "Jeinhor" wrote:
>
> > What is this talk about order time? I thought Windows x64 was availible for
> > download for those with XP 32-bit?
> >
> > It has been released, has it not?
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> > > becareful of your wording, you might get people jealous accidentally NNBXX.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Andre
> > > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> > > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> > > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> > > FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> > >
> > > "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Yes, actually. I ordered mine April 25th, and still "Order has been
> > > > received..."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Kevin Lowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > > > uy5lp%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > >> Even those of us who ordered the first day have not received our discs
> > > >> yet. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
> > > >>
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is time.time() < time.time() always true? flamesrock Python 8 11-24-2006 06:51 AM
If you get an order # does it mean the order is accepted? =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?= Windows 64bit 3 05-12-2005 11:46 PM
Traversion order cf. output order in XSL Soren Kuula XML 2 02-01-2004 09:10 AM
In which order are files looked for when loaded/requierd - and what'sthe order of suffixes? Stephan Kämper Ruby 2 01-18-2004 02:07 PM
How to Display DropDownList with preserved order (custom order) cspoh ASP .Net Web Controls 0 07-31-2003 09:19 AM



Advertisments