Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ordering XP x64

ordering XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

Is it just me or does the ordering system really suck??
I tried ordering by entering my PID and the date i bought the pc, but no
luck, I get an error message saying Invalid COA format when I haven't entered
anything under COA, and I get a Label error under PID. What on earth is a
LABEL error supposed to mean?? (Worst error message ever) So I tried to email
microsoft using their link to the support for ordering XP x64, it opens
outlook 2000, i write the email and send it. Seconds later i have a new email
This is an INVALID email address. WHAT kinda drugs are those people on?? No
offence But could anyone tell me what i need to do if i haven't done it, or
tell me an address that works.
This is the address i used: To: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Thanks

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Actually, this is the address:
(E-Mail Removed)

Also ensure there were no accidental spaces when you entered the COA or PID.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it just me or does the ordering system really suck??
> I tried ordering by entering my PID and the date i bought the pc, but no
> luck, I get an error message saying Invalid COA format when I haven't
> entered
> anything under COA, and I get a Label error under PID. What on earth is a
> LABEL error supposed to mean?? (Worst error message ever) So I tried to
> email
> microsoft using their link to the support for ordering XP x64, it opens
> outlook 2000, i write the email and send it. Seconds later i have a new
> email
> This is an INVALID email address. WHAT kinda drugs are those people on??
> No
> offence But could anyone tell me what i need to do if i haven't done it,
> or
> tell me an address that works.
> This is the address i used: To: (E-Mail Removed)
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ1bHo=?=

Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces in the
PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
Thanks

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Actually, this is the address:
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Also ensure there were no accidental spaces when you entered the COA or PID.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it just me or does the ordering system really suck??
> > I tried ordering by entering my PID and the date i bought the pc, but no
> > luck, I get an error message saying Invalid COA format when I haven't
> > entered
> > anything under COA, and I get a Label error under PID. What on earth is a
> > LABEL error supposed to mean?? (Worst error message ever) So I tried to
> > email
> > microsoft using their link to the support for ordering XP x64, it opens
> > outlook 2000, i write the email and send it. Seconds later i have a new
> > email
> > This is an INVALID email address. WHAT kinda drugs are those people on??
> > No
> > offence But could anyone tell me what i need to do if i haven't done it,
> > or
> > tell me an address that works.
> > This is the address i used: To: (E-Mail Removed)
> > Thanks

Tedman Eng

I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of 5
times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
Firefox once to fill out the form.

After entering my information, I get the same error message:
"COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
(E-Mail Removed) "

I have emailed that address 3 times now.
I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady copies
of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"

A response to any of my emails would be nice.
A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.

Better would be if someone would just fix the website!

Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

"computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces in

the
> PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
> Thanks
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
> > Actually, this is the address:
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > Also ensure there were no accidental spaces when you entered the COA or

PID.
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is it just me or does the ordering system really suck??
> > > I tried ordering by entering my PID and the date i bought the pc, but

no
> > > luck, I get an error message saying Invalid COA format when I haven't
> > > entered
> > > anything under COA, and I get a Label error under PID. What on earth

is a
> > > LABEL error supposed to mean?? (Worst error message ever) So I tried

> > > email
> > > microsoft using their link to the support for ordering XP x64, it

opens
> > > outlook 2000, i write the email and send it. Seconds later i have a

new
> > > email
> > > This is an INVALID email address. WHAT kinda drugs are those people

on??
> > > No
> > > offence But could anyone tell me what i need to do if i haven't done

it,
> > > or
> > > tell me an address that works.
> > > This is the address i used: To: (E-Mail Removed)
> > > Thanks

NoNoBadDog!

Are you sure your computer has Windows XP Professional? Most HP computers
come with either WinXP Home of WinXP MCE. If your computer has Windows XP
Home of WinXP MCE than is does not qualify for the TAP.

Bobby

"Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
news:uISWJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of 5
> times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
> Firefox once to fill out the form.
>
> After entering my information, I get the same error message:
> "COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
> (E-Mail Removed) "
>
> I have emailed that address 3 times now.
> I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady
> copies
> of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"
>
> A response to any of my emails would be nice.
> A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.
>
> Better would be if someone would just fix the website!
>

> Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
>

> "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces in

> the
>> PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>> > Actually, this is the address:
>> > (E-Mail Removed)
>> >
>> > Also ensure there were no accidental spaces when you entered the COA or

> PID.
>> > --
>> > Andre
>> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> >
>> > "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> no

> is a

> opens

> new

> on??

> it,

Tedman Eng

Yes, I am sure it is XP Pro.
The COA sticker says "Windows(R) XP Professional"
Under that it says "HP" as the OEM that built the system.
Then the key and PID.
The PID starts with "000" and is the only number that fits into the web form
properly.

Here's the order quote:
Thank you for placing your order with hpshopping.com.

We will be processing your order # [removed] in two parts. This
portion includes your customized PC.Your customized HP Pavilion ze2000z
Customizable NB is estimated to be built by June 24, 2005.The delivery date
is determined by the shipping method you chose during checkout.

Your customized PC includes:

- HP Pavilion ze2000z Customizable NB
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional
- AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-30 (1.6GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
- 15.0" TFT XGA (1024x76
- ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
- 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)
- 60 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
- FREE Upgrade from DVD to DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive!!
- 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
- Extra 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

I have all my paperwork lined up so that I can fax it to Bill Gates himself
if he would like.

This is my first computer with XP (I'm a diehard Win2K fan), though at this
rate I don't know how long XP will stay on the harddrive. What's the point
of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit cpu? I might as well go back to Win2k if
I want performance from 32-bits. I hear Fedora x86_64 runs great on my
laptop though....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you sure your computer has Windows XP Professional? Most HP computers
> come with either WinXP Home of WinXP MCE. If your computer has Windows XP
> Home of WinXP MCE than is does not qualify for the TAP.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
> news:uISWJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of 5
> > times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
> > Firefox once to fill out the form.
> >
> > After entering my information, I get the same error message:
> > "COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
> > (E-Mail Removed) "
> >
> > I have emailed that address 3 times now.
> > I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady
> > copies
> > of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"
> >
> > A response to any of my emails would be nice.
> > A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.
> >
> > Better would be if someone would just fix the website!
> >

> > Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
> >

> > "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks for the address, I'll try it. And there was definetly no spaces

in
> > the
> >> PID i entered, I checked it multiple times.
> >> Thanks

or
> > PID.

message

but
> > no

haven't

earth
> > is a

tried

> > opens

> > new

> > on??

> > it,

John Barnes

Check your PID against the one on system properties to be sure of the
number.

"Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
news:uCW%(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]
>> news:uISWJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I've tried now a total of
>> > 5
>> > times. (3 times using COA, 2 times trying PID). I've even tried using
>> > Firefox once to fill out the form.
>> >
>> > After entering my information, I get the same error message:
>> > "COA/PID entered is invalid. Please email Customer Service at
>> > (E-Mail Removed) "
>> >
>> > I have emailed that address 3 times now.
>> > I just bought my computer from HP, so unless they're selling me shady
>> > copies
>> > of WindowsXP, I highly doubt I have an "Invalid COA/PID"
>> >
>> > A response to any of my emails would be nice.
>> > A Customer Support Phone Number would be nice too.
>> >
>> > Better would be if someone would just fix the website!
>> >

>> > Frustrating!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
>> >

>> > "computerulz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Rick

The numbers that start with "0000" are the COA, not the PID. You will
only get a PID after the software is installed with a valid Product
Activation Key.

John Barnes wrote:
> Check your PID against the one on system properties to be sure of the
> number.
>

> "Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
> news:uCW%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Yes, I am sure it is XP Pro.
>>The COA sticker says "Windows(R) XP Professional"
>>Under that it says "HP" as the OEM that built the system.
>>Then the key and PID.
>>The PID starts with "000" and is the only number that fits into the web
>>form
>>properly.
>>

>>Here's the order quote:
>>Thank you for placing your order with hpshopping.com.
>>
>> We will be processing your order # [removed] in two parts. This
>>portion includes your customized PC.Your customized HP Pavilion ze2000z
>>Customizable NB is estimated to be built by June 24, 2005.The delivery
>>date
>>is determined by the shipping method you chose during checkout.
>>
>>Your customized PC includes:
>>
>> - HP Pavilion ze2000z Customizable NB
>> - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional
>> - AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-30 (1.6GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
>> - 15.0" TFT XGA (1024x76
>> - ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
>> - 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)
>> - 60 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
>> - FREE Upgrade from DVD to DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive!!
>> - 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
>> - Extra 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
>>
>>I have all my paperwork lined up so that I can fax it to Bill Gates
>>himself
>>if he would like.
>>
>>This is my first computer with XP (I'm a diehard Win2K fan), though at
>>this
>>rate I don't know how long XP will stay on the harddrive. What's the
>>point
>>of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit cpu? I might as well go back to Win2k
>>if
>>I want performance from 32-bits. I hear Fedora x86_64 runs great on my
>>laptop though....
>>

>>"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Are you sure your computer has Windows XP Professional? Most HP
>>>computers
>>>come with either WinXP Home of WinXP MCE. If your computer has Windows
>>>XP
>>>Home of WinXP MCE than is does not qualify for the TAP.
>>>
>>>Bobby
>>>
>>>"Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
>>>news:uISWJ$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>in

>>or

>>message

>>but

>>haven't

>>earth

>>tried

Tedman Eng

Apologies if I was incorrect with my acronyms.

On the web form, according to my understanding:
The left entry area corresponds to the sticker (COA/000 thing),
The right entry area corresponds to My Computer -> Properties
(xxxx-oem-xxxxxxx-xxxxx).

I am certain I've entered the numbers in the proper area.

Doing some further research, I believe that my laptop came "pre-activated"
from HP.
It doesn't specify anywhere that OEM activated vs. User activated are not
eligible for upgrade.
However, this information may be helpful to the folks at Microsoft
troubleshooting other users encountering similar problems.

People are complaining about long waits for the upgrade to arrive, I can't
even order my upgrade.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The numbers that start with "0000" are the COA, not the PID. You will
> only get a PID after the software is installed with a valid Product
> Activation Key.
>

> John Barnes wrote:
> > Check your PID against the one on system properties to be sure of the
> > number.
> >

> > "Tedman Eng" <tedmaneng@comcast(_DOT_)net> wrote in message
> > news:uCW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>Yes, I am sure it is XP Pro.
> >>The COA sticker says "Windows(R) XP Professional"
> >>Under that it says "HP" as the OEM that built the system.
> >>Then the key and PID.
> >>The PID starts with "000" and is the only number that fits into the web
> >>form
> >>properly.
> >>

> >>Here's the order quote:
> >>---------------------------------------------------
> >>Thank you for placing your order with hpshopping.com.
> >>
> >> We will be processing your order # [removed] in two parts. This
> >>portion includes your customized PC.Your customized HP Pavilion ze2000z
> >>Customizable NB is estimated to be built by June 24, 2005.The delivery
> >>date
> >>is determined by the shipping method you chose during checkout.
> >>
> >>Your customized PC includes:
> >>
> >> - HP Pavilion ze2000z Customizable NB
> >> - Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional
> >> - AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-30 (1.6GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
> >> - 15.0" TFT XGA (1024x76
> >> - ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
> >> - 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)
> >> - 60 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
> >> - FREE Upgrade from DVD to DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive!!
> >> - 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
> >> - Extra 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
> >>---------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >>I have all my paperwork lined up so that I can fax it to Bill Gates
> >>himself
> >>if he would like.
> >>
> >>This is my first computer with XP (I'm a diehard Win2K fan), though at
> >>this
> >>rate I don't know how long XP will stay on the harddrive. What's the
> >>point
> >>of running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit cpu? I might as well go back to

Win2k
> >>if
> >>I want performance from 32-bits. I hear Fedora x86_64 runs great on my
> >>laptop though....
> >>

> >>"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

using

spaces

> >>in

> >>or

> >>message

> >>but

> >>haven't

> >>earth

> >>tried

John Barnes

Why don't you try each COA only and then PID only.