Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Window refresh still doesn't work

Window refresh still doesn't work

Intel_Fan

Pardon me if this is an old subject. I was disappointed to find that in
WindowXP File Explorer, with files viewed as either Tiles or Icons, F5
(refresh) does not re-sort files by name. I was even more disappointed to
find that it still doesn't work in XP64.

Steps to recreate: In any explorer window with some files, select Arrange
Icons By - Auto Arrange by Name and View as either Icons or Tiles. Files
should be in alph. order. Drag a file or two out of order and press F5.
Every Windows release prior to XP would put file back in order. Why is this
still broke?

Intel_Fan

Nobody else notice this or care? or just something annoying that has to be
lived with? Anyone know of a workaround or registry setting that can cure
it?

"Intel_Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uF$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pardon me if this is an old subject. I was disappointed to find that in
> WindowXP File Explorer, with files viewed as either Tiles or Icons, F5
> (refresh) does not re-sort files by name. I was even more disappointed to
> find that it still doesn't work in XP64.
>

> Steps to recreate: In any explorer window with some files, select Arrange
> Icons By - Auto Arrange by Name and View as either Icons or Tiles. Files
> should be in alph. order. Drag a file or two out of order and press F5.
> Every Windows release prior to XP would put file back in order. Why is

this
> still broke?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its a possible bug, start a new post about it again so it can some attention
or report it to http://support.microsoft.com/bug
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com