Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 on Acer 5002 aspire laptop

X64 on Acer 5002 aspire laptop

Monster

I just got this laptop today (really cheap too)
http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as5000.htm it has an AMD 64 ML-30
turion processor at 1.6ghz but it comes with windows xp home. I was a bit
skeptical when I bought it because nobody seemed to be using xp64 on it. The
80gb hd comes in two fat 32 partitions, I installed xp64 on the second one
(converted to ntfs). Installation was smooth and uneventful.

The hardware on laptop was

broadcom 802.11g network adapter -> still searching for drivers
Realtek AC`97 audio -> I found and installed the 64bit drivers
Texas Instruoments PCI-1410 cardbus -> drivers installed by xp64
Sis 900 based pci-fast ethernet -> drivers installed by xp64
Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S -> drivers installed by xp64
SIS M760GX (graphics) -> to my surprise sis had a 64bit driver for it! yay
http://www.sis.com/download and follow the step by step.
Agere Systems AC`97 modem -> don't use it, so don't care.

So the Acer Aspire 5002WLMI can run xp64 if anyone wanted to know. I heard
the 5020 was a better laptop tho, I think it uses an x700 graphics card

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks for sharing, don't need a laptop though, I want a tablet.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Monster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%235NB%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just got this laptop today (really cheap too)
>http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as5000.htm it has an AMD 64 ML-30
>turion processor at 1.6ghz but it comes with windows xp home. I was a bit
>skeptical when I bought it because nobody seemed to be using xp64 on it.
>The 80gb hd comes in two fat 32 partitions, I installed xp64 on the second
>one (converted to ntfs). Installation was smooth and uneventful.
>
> The hardware on laptop was
>
> broadcom 802.11g network adapter -> still searching for drivers
> Realtek AC`97 audio -> I found and installed the 64bit drivers
> Texas Instruoments PCI-1410 cardbus -> drivers installed by xp64
> Sis 900 based pci-fast ethernet -> drivers installed by xp64
> Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S -> drivers installed by xp64
> SIS M760GX (graphics) -> to my surprise sis had a 64bit driver for it! yay
> http://www.sis.com/download and follow the step by step.
> Agere Systems AC`97 modem -> don't use it, so don't care.
>
> So the Acer Aspire 5002WLMI can run xp64 if anyone wanted to know. I heard
> the 5020 was a better laptop tho, I think it uses an x700 graphics card

Borgeaud.com

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
> Thanks for sharing, don't need a laptop though, I want a tablet.

A 64 bits Tablet ????

Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, I need a Tablet, I wouldn't mind if it was 64 bit though.
--

"Borgeaud.com" <None@now> wrote in message
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
>> Thanks for sharing, don't need a laptop though, I want a tablet.

> A 64 bits Tablet ????
>
> --
> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
> Site : http://www.mesnews.net

jurassic

Hi
I have a Acer Aspire 5002WLMI too, have you found yet the broadcom 6
bit drivers?
thank

--
jurassi
jurassic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=838

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

I found these on the acer site 5020. The 80211g.rar file contains a
driver that seams to work.

http://csd.acer.com.tw/SI/Download2....b?OpenDocument

Win Rar to open archive. You can download a trial version.

http://www.rarlab.com/

Ken
-------------------
"jurassic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have a Acer Aspire 5002WLMI too, have you found yet the broadcom 64
> bit drivers?
> thanks
>

> --
> jurassic
> jurassic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=8385
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=255647
> Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in |
> http://gallery.techarena.in

jurassic

Hi
Thanks for your answer, but the site ask for username and password
could you post the rar file somewhere else please.
Thanks

--
jurassi
jurassic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=838
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=25564
Free Computer Help - http://forums.techarena.i

jurassic

Never mind, I found them on Acer 5020 site, thanks anywa