Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Extract File from ISO

Extract File from ISO

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get sound
to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO image
to replace the file on my hard drive?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Use a program like MagicISO to open the ISO up.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Mark wrote:
> XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't
> get sound to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file
> from the ISO image to replace the file on my hard drive?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Why don't you burn the image to a disk, they search for the file on it?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get
> sound
> to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO
> image
> to replace the file on my hard drive?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
search for the file.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get
> sound
> to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO
> image
> to replace the file on my hard drive?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

The ISO is on my hard drive and on CD. It's the XP install that I downloaded
for evaluation. The file in the ISO is of course labeled as mmdriver.in_
when opened with Notepad it doesn't appear as the same file on my harddrive
after installation. So I'm assuming that something special needs to be done,
e.g. similar to the old days when you had to extract the file from a .cab.

Charlie, I take a look at the program you suggested.

Thanks.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
> search for the file.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get
> > sound
> > to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO
> > image
> > to replace the file on my hard drive?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Mark,
The file is still compressed.
Run expand.exe mmdriver.in_ mmdriver.inf to expand the file
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Subject: Re: Extract File from ISO
<Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:07:05 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<The ISO is on my hard drive and on CD. It's the XP install that I
downloaded
<for evaluation. The file in the ISO is of course labeled as mmdriver.in_
<when opened with Notepad it doesn't appear as the same file on my
harddrive
<after installation. So I'm assuming that something special needs to be
done,
<e.g. similar to the old days when you had to extract the file from a .cab.
<
<Charlie, I take a look at the program you suggested.
<
<Thanks.
<
<"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
<
<> or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
<> search for the file.
<> --
<> Andre
<> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
<> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
<> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
<> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
<>
<> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<> > XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get
<> > sound
<> > to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO
<> > image
<> > to replace the file on my hard drive?
<>
<>
<>
<

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

Darrell,

Thanks, that's what I finally tried. I replaced the mmdriver.inf file in
the windows\system32 folder but Windows Media still complains that it can't
find it.

Interestingly, the file has about 20 blank lines before the actual data
starts. I'm going to delete the blank lines and try again. At this point it
can hurt.

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello Mark,
> The file is still compressed.
> Run expand.exe mmdriver.in_ mmdriver.inf to expand the file
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> <Subject: Re: Extract File from ISO
> <Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:07:05 -0700
> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
> <
> <The ISO is on my hard drive and on CD. It's the XP install that I
> downloaded
> <for evaluation. The file in the ISO is of course labeled as mmdriver.in_
> <when opened with Notepad it doesn't appear as the same file on my
> harddrive
> <after installation. So I'm assuming that something special needs to be
> done,
> <e.g. similar to the old days when you had to extract the file from a .cab.
> <
> <Charlie, I take a look at the program you suggested.
> <
> <Thanks.
> <
> <"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> <
> <> or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
> <> search for the file.
> <> --
> <> Andre
> <> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> <> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> <> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> <> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> <>
> <> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> <> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <> > XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get
> <> > sound
> <> > to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO
> <> > image
> <> > to replace the file on my hard drive?
> <>
> <>
> <>
> <

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Mark,
Maybe try it in the \Windows\syswow64 folder as well.
Since Media Player is 32-bit it may be looking in that folder instead.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:56:03 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<Darrell,
<
<""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
<
<> Hello Mark,
<> The file is still compressed.
<> Run expand.exe mmdriver.in_ mmdriver.inf to expand the file
<> Thanks,
<> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
<>
<> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
<> --------------------
<> <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
<> <Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:07:05 -0700
<> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<> <
[...]
<> <> --
<> <> Andre
<> <> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
<> <> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
<> <> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
<> <> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
<> <>
<> <> "Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> <> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<> <> > XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't
get
<> <> > sound
<> <> > to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the
ISO
<> <> > image
<> <> > to replace the file on my hard drive?
<> <>
<> <>
<> <>
<> <
<>
<>
<

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlbiBLcm9vbmVuYmVyZw==?=

You could also use Winrar to extract a file from and .iso file.

regards,
--
Sten