Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Hate to see

Hate to see

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Google searched:
http://www.inpc.de/pics/davecutler.JPG

Can you confirm, I'm on dialup, can't bother to download or stream video and
I also can't bother with Real Player right now.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...

Torrey Lauer

I used Windows Media Player to view it.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Google searched:
> http://www.inpc.de/pics/davecutler.JPG
>
> Can you confirm, I'm on dialup, can't bother to download or stream video
> and I also can't bother with Real Player right now.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here's a link from the AMD site of Cutler on video talking about x64.
>> Unfortunately, you need RealPlayer (ugh!) to see it.
>>
>> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Weblets/0,,...5E7839,00.html

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Has anyone ever seen a picture of Dave Cutler? I still don't know what
>>> he looks like.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

So that link to that picture I posted, is it Dave Cutler?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used Windows Media Player to view it.
>
> --
> Torrey Lauer
> Modern Travel Services
> moderntravel DOT net
>
> Rainbow Sky Travel
> rainbow sky travel DOT net
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Google searched:
>> http://www.inpc.de/pics/davecutler.JPG
>>
>> Can you confirm, I'm on dialup, can't bother to download or stream video
>> and I also can't bother with Real Player right now.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Here's a link from the AMD site of Cutler on video talking about x64.
>>> Unfortunately, you need RealPlayer (ugh!) to see it.
>>>
>>> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Weblets/0,,...5E7839,00.html
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Torrey Lauer

Yes.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> So that link to that picture I posted, is it Dave Cutler?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I used Windows Media Player to view it.
>>
>> --
>> Torrey Lauer
>> Modern Travel Services
>> moderntravel DOT net
>>
>> Rainbow Sky Travel
>> rainbow sky travel DOT net
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Google searched:
>>> http://www.inpc.de/pics/davecutler.JPG
>>>
>>> Can you confirm, I'm on dialup, can't bother to download or stream video
>>> and I also can't bother with Real Player right now.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thank you.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes.
>
> --
> Torrey Lauer
> Modern Travel Services
> moderntravel DOT net
>
> Rainbow Sky Travel
> rainbow sky travel DOT net
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So that link to that picture I posted, is it Dave Cutler?
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I used Windows Media Player to view it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Torrey Lauer
>>> Modern Travel Services
>>> moderntravel DOT net
>>>
>>> Rainbow Sky Travel
>>> rainbow sky travel DOT net
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Homer J. Simpson

> This is definitely good for them and bad for Intel no matter
> the outcome. Its the david and goliath media blitz.

I don't know. Until this lawsuit was announced, I was split over getting an
AMD X2 or a P4 Extreme Edition (I've always been an Intel fanboy but it
looks like the X2 is gonna give Intel a real run for its money). Now I know
I'm not gonna spend a grand on an AMD chip only to have it go their lawyers.

Filing frivolous lawsuits is one way to turn me away from a company. If you
believe otherwise, then that's your right.

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Homer J. Simpson wrote:

>>This is definitely good for them and bad for Intel no matter
>>the outcome. Its the david and goliath media blitz.

>I don't know. Until this lawsuit was announced, I was split over getting
>an AMD X2 or a P4 Extreme Edition (I've always been an Intel fanboy but it
>looks like the X2 is gonna give Intel a real run for its money). Now I
>know I'm not gonna spend a grand on an AMD chip only to have it go their
>lawyers.
>
>Filing frivolous lawsuits is one way to turn me away from a company. If
>you believe otherwise, then that's your right.

How's this for frivolous?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06...ide_nastygram/

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Intel_Fan

And I thought this sort of behavior was limited to pharmaceuticals. I hope
the claims turn out to be unfounded but it makes good reading.

Press Release
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/V...~99713,00.html
Full Complaint
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont..._Complaint.pdf

news:e$qjk$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hate to see this kind of thing. I love my AMD computers and don't much
>use my Intel anymore, but this is just a stupid act of desperation.
> Just like I hated to see Microsoft crippled by theirs. No one wins here.
>
> AMD files antitrust suit against Intel
> Advanced Micro Devices fired off a federal antitrust lawsuit against Intel
> on Tuesday, claiming that its rival has a monopolistic grip on the PC
> industry.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Lets hope we see a merger between AMD and Intel. AMD handles 64 bit on
the desktop and Small Business, Mid-Market and Intel handles 64 bit on the
high-end Enterprise Server.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Homer J. Simpson wrote:
>
>>>This is definitely good for them and bad for Intel no matter
>>>the outcome. Its the david and goliath media blitz.

>>I don't know. Until this lawsuit was announced, I was split over getting
>>an AMD X2 or a P4 Extreme Edition (I've always been an Intel fanboy but it
>>looks like the X2 is gonna give Intel a real run for its money). Now I
>>know I'm not gonna spend a grand on an AMD chip only to have it go their
>>lawyers.
>>
>>Filing frivolous lawsuits is one way to turn me away from a company. If
>>you believe otherwise, then that's your right.

> How's this for frivolous?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06...ide_nastygram/
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

John Barnes

Hardly. Where there is an unoccupied lawyer, there will be fraudulent cases
of finger parts in you name it, and you made me fat suits all over the
place.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...