Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Intel's Celeron takes the 64-bit route

Intel's Celeron takes the 64-bit route

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Intel released a 64-bit processor for mainstream PCs on Monday, putting the
company a month ahead of rival AMD, which is expected to come out with a
chip of the same capacity in July.

Intel's new Celeron D 351 is the heir-apparent to the current Celeron D S775
processor series. The two chips are nearly identical, apart from the
addition of 64-bit processing technology, which Intel calls EM64T.

Read the rest here:
http://news.com.com/Intels+Celeron+t...l?tag=nefd.top
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

NoNoBadDog!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Intel released a 64-bit processor for mainstream PCs on Monday, putting
> the company a month ahead of rival AMD, which is expected to come out with
> a chip of the same capacity in July.
>
> Intel's new Celeron D 351 is the heir-apparent to the current Celeron D
> S775 processor series. The two chips are nearly identical, apart from the
> addition of 64-bit processing technology, which Intel calls EM64T.
>
> Read the rest here:
> http://news.com.com/Intels+Celeron+t...l?tag=nefd.top
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Okay, let's see....

No on-die Memory controller....
No Hypertransport bus....
only 256Mb *INCLUSIVE* cache.

Think 'I'll put my money on the Sempron64....

Don't get me wrong...but until Intel gets it's act together and starts
making 64 bit chips that can compete with AMD instead of making a 64 bit
retread on an old architecture....I'll continue to buy AMD.

Bobby

Mark Gillespie

***WARNING AMD FANBOY POST ***

NoNoBadDog! got up from the bar and shouted: :

> Okay, let's see....
>
> No on-die Memory controller....
> No Hypertransport bus....
> only 256Mb *INCLUSIVE* cache.
>
> Think 'I'll put my money on the Sempron64....
>
> Don't get me wrong...but until Intel gets it's act together and starts
> making 64 bit chips that can compete with AMD instead of making a 64 bit
> retread on an old architecture....I'll continue to buy AMD.
>
> Bobby

Rick

I think you're a bit behind the curve! AMD is already selling Sempron
CPUs that are fully 64-bit enabled! They have been reported for about a
week now.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24174
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00797/

Intel is behind the power curve!!!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Intel released a 64-bit processor for mainstream PCs on Monday, putting the
> company a month ahead of rival AMD, which is expected to come out with a
> chip of the same capacity in July.
>
> Intel's new Celeron D 351 is the heir-apparent to the current Celeron D S775
> processor series. The two chips are nearly identical, apart from the
> addition of 64-bit processing technology, which Intel calls EM64T.
>
> Read the rest here:
> http://news.com.com/Intels+Celeron+t...l?tag=nefd.top

Wayne Wastier

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ***WARNING AMD FANBOY POST ***

****WARNING INHELL, er .. INTEL FANBOY REPLY****

Dee

Not sure what you think you're bragging about, but AMD released their
64-bit Semprons while Intel was asleep!

You need to wake up and smell the coffee!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Intel released a 64-bit processor for mainstream PCs on Monday, putting the
> company a month ahead of rival AMD, which is expected to come out with a
> chip of the same capacity in July.
>
> Intel's new Celeron D 351 is the heir-apparent to the current Celeron D S775
> processor series. The two chips are nearly identical, apart from the
> addition of 64-bit processing technology, which Intel calls EM64T.
>
> Read the rest here:
> http://news.com.com/Intels+Celeron+t...l?tag=nefd.top

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I will take whichever one is cheaper, as long as they can run the OS.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ***WARNING AMD FANBOY POST ***
>>

> ****WARNING INHELL, er .. INTEL FANBOY REPLY****

Mark Gillespie

Wayne Wastier got up from the bar and shouted: :
> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ***WARNING AMD FANBOY POST ***
>>

> ****WARNING INHELL, er .. INTEL FANBOY REPLY****

Erm, no actually I have a AMD64 based system, ****ed on your fireworks...

Lets not pretend however that Intels CPU's are as crippled as much as
was suggested by the total AMD fanboy post...

NoNoBadDog!

********WARNING*********

Brain-dead Idiot Response!

Did you even read the post? See If you can get someone to help you with the
big words...

Bobby

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ***WARNING AMD FANBOY POST ***
>
> NoNoBadDog! got up from the bar and shouted: :
>

>> Okay, let's see....
>>
>> No on-die Memory controller....
>> No Hypertransport bus....
>> only 256Mb *INCLUSIVE* cache.
>>
>> Think 'I'll put my money on the Sempron64....
>>
>> Don't get me wrong...but until Intel gets it's act together and starts
>> making 64 bit chips that can compete with AMD instead of making a 64 bit
>> retread on an old architecture....I'll continue to buy AMD.
>>
>> Bobby

Charlie Russel - MVP

Sorry, Andre, but the x64 Sempron has been available to _buy_ for several
days now, and was announced over two weeks ago.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/