Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How do I see this forum in a newsreader?

How do I see this forum in a newsreader?

R. C. White

Hi, Andre.

It's slow on broadband, too!

The slowdown is not in the transmission over the wires, but in the internal
processing at the Microsoft end.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:O5rEnH$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The web based is just too slow on dial-up and not easy to navigate.
> --
> Andre
>
> "The Primate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Or just click here:
>>>
>>> Unless blocked by something like a corporate firewall, that one click
>>> should do all that Andre listed - except download the list of
>>> newsgroups - and bring you right back here, but using OE rather than the
>>> web-based interface.
>>>
>>> Later, you can use OE's Tools | Options... to customize OE to suit
>>> yourself.
>>>
>>> Generally speaking, newbies asking questions prefer using the web.
>>> Experienced users usually prefer OE or some other newsreader.
>>>
>>> RC

>> I've used a newsreader for probably 10yrs or so but must admit the
>> web-based interface is not too bad nowadays. Needless to say I was
>> disappointed when Creative Labs dropped their NG based forums.
>>

>> <snip>

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

All the more reason not to use it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Andre.
>
> It's slow on broadband, too!
>
> The slowdown is not in the transmission over the wires, but in the
> internal processing at the Microsoft end.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP

> news:O5rEnH$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The web based is just too slow on dial-up and not easy to navigate.
>> --
>> Andre
>>
>> "The Primate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I've used a newsreader for probably 10yrs or so but must admit the
>>> web-based interface is not too bad nowadays. Needless to say I was
>>> disappointed when Creative Labs dropped their NG based forums.
>>>

>>> <snip>

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:53:07 -0500, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It's slow on broadband, too!
>
>The slowdown is not in the transmission over the wires, but in the internal
>processing at the Microsoft end.

Try your own provider. Some carry a mirror.

jud