Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Burning Software

Burning Software

Richard G Carruthers

I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy CD
& DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is compatible
on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry. Anyone know
of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.

Richard

John Barnes

Try Nero. Free trial on their site. http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html
Have heard that it works. Also understand that Easy CD Creator works fine,
but you do have to custom install and leave out the drag to disk option.
That feature will result in error messages when you logon.

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy
>CD & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is
>compatible on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry.
>Anyone know of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>

> Richard

Bob Knowlden

I haven't tried it myself, but Nero from Ahead Software (www.nero.com) is
supposed to work under X64. Version 6.6.0.8a is supposed to be OK; the
latest is 6.6.0.14. I've been using Nero for a few years under plain old 32
bit XP. I don't use most of its capabilities, but I prefer it to the Roxio
products.

It is not inexpensive, though.

Roxio specifically lists Easy Media Creator 7.5 (their latest) as
incompatible with X64.

HTH.

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy
>CD & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is
>compatible on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry.
>Anyone know of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>

> Richard

-Dan-

Nero 6 came with my new system and installed/works fine in x64. I also just
recently updated from the Nero site, which went flawlessly.

--
--Dan--

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
|I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy
CD
| & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is
compatible
| on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry. Anyone know
| of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
|

| Richard

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

http://www.nero.com - its the best version 6.6 is ugly though.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Richard G Carruthers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy
>CD & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is
>compatible on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry.
>Anyone know of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>

> Richard

Michael Zerr

try http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ it works on my amd64 system and is free.

Richard G Carruthers wrote:
> I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy CD
> & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is compatible
> on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry. Anyone know
> of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>

> Richard

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

Hello,

I have an answer to Nero Burning ROM. It seems quiet good to this post.

I use Nero 6.3.1.6 under x64 and it works fine.
But the Tool 'INCD' as part of Nero doesn't work, because the Drivers,
'InCDrec.sys' and 'InCDPass.sys' are probably 32-Bit and could't therfore be
loaded.

Has anybody the same problem? Has anybody an answer? Has Roxio in the
meantime published a 64-Bit Version of INCD?

Many thanks,

best regards,

Joachim

"Richard G Carruthers" wrote:

> I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy CD
> & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is compatible
> on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry. Anyone know
> of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>

> Richard

John Barnes

Roxio does NOT work for this purpose. You have to install without the Drag
to Disk feature. Sorry to hear that INCD doesn't work either. Another
reason I won't be switching to x64 as a main system as I use that frequently
during the day.

"Joachim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have an answer to Nero Burning ROM. It seems quiet good to this post.
>
> I use Nero 6.3.1.6 under x64 and it works fine.
> But the Tool 'INCD' as part of Nero doesn't work, because the Drivers,
> 'InCDrec.sys' and 'InCDPass.sys' are probably 32-Bit and could't therfore
> be
> loaded.
>
> Has anybody the same problem? Has anybody an answer? Has Roxio in the
> meantime published a 64-Bit Version of INCD?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> best regards,
>
> Joachim
>
> "Richard G Carruthers" wrote:
>
>> I am looking for burning software for my DVDRW IDE1008. It came with Easy
>> CD
>> & DVD Creator 6 and I have not been able to find software that is
>> compatible
>> on there web site and they have not answered my email inquiry. Anyone
>> know
>> of software that is compatible or suggust where I might Try.
>>

>> Richard

=?Utf-8?B?amFja2Zyb3N0?=

I want to thank all who replied and will try all sugestions. I am sure this
bump in the road is solved.

Richard