Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > last day to upgrade?

last day to upgrade?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I don't see the point of that since both OEM and Retail versions of Windows
XP are the same. Even the manual contents are the same.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O16LHl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not me, but some do buy additional licenses this way.
> Some of them do not know of other options and others prefer retail to OEM.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org

> news:O4SWDJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jupiter is a millionnaire.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hi Jupiter. And yes, they could. But .... at $269.00 a license, it would
>>> be cheaper to have purchased an OEM 3-Pack.
>>>

>>> Wayne

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Andre;
Among other things, OEM is not capable of upgrading.
For retail, both the full and upgrade can each perform an upgrade and a
Clean Installation.
More flexibility.

Once installed they are the same, but getting there may be a different
story.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't see the point of that since both OEM and Retail versions of Windows
>XP are the same. Even the manual contents are the same.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O16LHl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not me, but some do buy additional licenses this way.
>> Some of them do not know of other options and others prefer retail to
>> OEM.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org

>> news:O4SWDJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Jupiter is a millionnaire.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?TmVhbA==?=

"Mark Gillespie" wrote:

> Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
> > I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
> > the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
> > I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires
> when your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

Thanks. Then I think I will do the upgrade today. That way I can keep it
till I get my driver and then I am set.