Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > last day to upgrade?

last day to upgrade?

Neal

I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.

Thanks

Wayne Wastier

Note: Orders for the Technology Advancement Program must be placed by July
31, 2005.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx

Mark Gillespie

Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
> I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what is
> the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my printer so
> I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time I have left.
>
> Thanks

But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires
when your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
basically turning the disk into a coaster.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neal got up from the bar and shouted: :
>> I know July is the last month to upgrade for $0 but I am wondering what
>> is the date? Right now I am still waiting for Epson drivers for my
>> printer so I would like to wait till then but I am not sure how much time
>> I have left.
>>
>> Thanks

> But note that it's been stated, that your 32bit licence only expires when
> your INSTALL the 64bit version, not when you receive it...

Rick

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
> basically turning the disk into a coaster.

Not exactly. I have 3 licenses and 1 disc. I traded 1 license, so I
still have 2 valid licenses and the 1 disc is still valid for those 2
licenses.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Depends on what type of license you purchase, in your case it must have been
a OEM 3 Pack.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> Yes, it deactivates the 32 bit license preventing future activations
>> basically turning the disk into a coaster.

> Not exactly. I have 3 licenses and 1 disc. I traded 1 license, so I
> still have 2 valid licenses and the 1 disc is still valid for those 2
> licenses.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Andre;
Are you sure?
They could also be retail:
http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depends on what type of license you purchase, in your case it must have
> been a OEM 3 Pack.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
>> Not exactly. I have 3 licenses and 1 disc. I traded 1 license, so I
>> still have 2 valid licenses and the 1 disc is still valid for those 2
>> licenses.

Wayne Wastier

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre;
> Are you sure?
> They could also be retail:
> http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Hi Jupiter. And yes, they could. But .... at $269.00 a license, it would be
cheaper to have purchased an OEM 3-Pack.

Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Jupiter is a millionnaire.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andre;
>> Are you sure?
>> They could also be retail:
>> http://shop.microsoft.com/special/wal/walinfo.asp
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]

> Hi Jupiter. And yes, they could. But .... at $269.00 a license, it would
> be cheaper to have purchased an OEM 3-Pack.
>

> Wayne

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Not me, but some do buy additional licenses this way.
Some of them do not know of other options and others prefer retail to OEM.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org