Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HP PSC 1315

HP PSC 1315

Achtung

Hallo!

I find drivers for HP PSC 1315?

Thanks for assistance.

Artur N.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Great, where did you get them?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Achtung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hallo!
>
> I find drivers for HP PSC 1315?
>
> Thanks for assistance.
>
> Artur N.

NNBXX

IMHO, I think he asks where he can find the drivers, but he doesn't say that
he actually found them.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a crit dans le message
de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great, where did you get them?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Achtung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hallo!
>>
>> I find drivers for HP PSC 1315?
>>
>> Thanks for assistance.
>>
>> Artur N.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c00364537

There have been a lot of questions on the Newsgroup about what printers are
supported in x64. And while there is no comprehensive list all in one place,
HP deserves kudos for transparency across their entire printer line. Check
HP Printer Support for XP Professional x64 Edition for a complete list of
where they are with printer support for x64.

Beyond what's officially supported, however, there are a whole range of
printers that work quite adequately in x64 Edition, even though there aren't
any official drivers yet. They may not include all the functionality of
specifically engineered printer drivers, but they will be able to perform
basic printing functions. The first thing to understand is that there are
two basic printer control languages - "Printer Control Language" (PCL) and
Postscript. PCL has been the core of the HP line since the earliest days of
Laser Jets Basic printing functionality with PCL will support virtually all
HP laser printers. If your specific model isn't there, just choose the
closest model that is supported

Postscript is more than just a printer language, and has been primarily used
by Apple and high end graphics and design users because of it's wealth of
very high quality fonts, and platform independent support. This platform
independence continues into the x64 world, with excellent drivers for
Postscript printers built into the OS. The specific driver for your model
printer may not be there, limiting your choice of controlling which paper
tray is used, and possibly which fonts are available, but if your printer
supports Postscript, you'll be able to print.

On connectivity - I strongly believe that TCP/IP is the way to go for
printer connectivity. If you are buying a printer, make sure it has a
network card in it. If you already have a printer, take a look at one of the
many TCP/IP network print server appliances available today, including
wireless ones. If you use TCP/IP to connect to your printer, you again gain
platform independence.

Finally, in my next post I'll cover how to add x64 support to your existing
32-bit print server (well, if it's running Server 2003, at least.)
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Achtung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hallo!
>
> I find drivers for HP PSC 1315?
>
> Thanks for assistance.
>
> Artur N.

Craig Branson

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c00364537
>
> There have been a lot of questions on the Newsgroup about what printers are
> supported in x64. And while there is no comprehensive list all in one place,
> HP deserves kudos for transparency across their entire printer line. Check
> HP Printer Support for XP Professional x64 Edition for a complete list of
> where they are with printer support for x64.
>
> Beyond what's officially supported, however, there are a whole range of
> printers that work quite adequately in x64 Edition, even though there aren't
> any official drivers yet. They may not include all the functionality of
> specifically engineered printer drivers, but they will be able to perform
> basic printing functions. The first thing to understand is that there are
> two basic printer control languages - "Printer Control Language" (PCL) and
> Postscript. PCL has been the core of the HP line since the earliest days of
> Laser Jets Basic printing functionality with PCL will support virtually all
> HP laser printers. If your specific model isn't there, just choose the
> closest model that is supported
>
> Postscript is more than just a printer language, and has been primarily used
> by Apple and high end graphics and design users because of it's wealth of
> very high quality fonts, and platform independent support. This platform
> independence continues into the x64 world, with excellent drivers for
> Postscript printers built into the OS. The specific driver for your model
> printer may not be there, limiting your choice of controlling which paper
> tray is used, and possibly which fonts are available, but if your printer
> supports Postscript, you'll be able to print.
>
> On connectivity - I strongly believe that TCP/IP is the way to go for
> printer connectivity. If you are buying a printer, make sure it has a
> network card in it. If you already have a printer, take a look at one of the
> many TCP/IP network print server appliances available today, including
> wireless ones. If you use TCP/IP to connect to your printer, you again gain
> platform independence.
>
> Finally, in my next post I'll cover how to add x64 support to your existing
> 32-bit print server (well, if it's running Server 2003, at least.)

As of August 8, 2006: I have had no luck getting the scanner function to
work with my PSC 1510 or my PSC 1315v with my Dell XPS 600 Desktop system.

HP PSC 1315 geopelia NZ Computing 21 02-03-2006 11:29 PM
HP PCS 1315 @ Windows X64 Benjamin Slutch Windows 64bit 3 09-15-2005 06:27 AM
COM object creation fails when impersonation is done [PSC] =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueSBNdW50ZXI=?= ASP .Net 8 05-12-2004 07:21 AM
Another try... HELP! Can't get HP PSC 2110 printer to reinstall in Win98 jeff Computer Support 2 12-02-2003 04:18 PM
HP PSC 2100 install problems with Win98 jeff Computer Support 0 11-30-2003 04:40 PM

Advertisments