Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > All 4 GB not visible? only 2.75

All 4 GB not visible? only 2.75

Intel_Fan

According to Intel's specs,
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets.../svr_wkstn.htm, the memory
controller isn't the limitation, although the 75xx series is probably a
better choice. More likely it is an implementation issue. Keep an eye on the
Asus site for a BIOS update.

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
>
> > And the 'Memory Hole remapping by sofware -> ENABLE' setting
> > tells Windows to manage that block instead of BIOS, or something
> > like that?

> Here's an answer from Asus support.
>
> | This situation is caused by Intel 82875P MCH limitation and
> | other motherboards with memory hole remapping setting are
> | installed Intel 7xxx series MCH.
>
> I guess it means, that I'll never get a memory hole remapping
> feature on this motherboard, because of the 82875P northbridge
> limitation.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Intel_Fan wrote:

> According to Intel's specs,
> http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets.../svr_wkstn.htm, the
> memory controller isn't the limitation, although the 75xx series
> is probably a better choice.

I considered buying the 75xx series but the following article made
me choose the NCCH-DL instead:
<http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=ncchdl&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1>

> Keep an eye on the Asus site for a BIOS update.

I will.

--
Regards
Madsen

Intel_Fan

Still a very nice board but once you go DDR2 and PCI express, you won't go
back.

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Intel_Fan wrote:
>
> > According to Intel's specs,
> > http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets.../svr_wkstn.htm, the
> > memory controller isn't the limitation, although the 75xx series
> > is probably a better choice.

> I considered buying the 75xx series but the following article made
> me choose the NCCH-DL instead:

<http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...cookie%5Ftest=
1>

> > Keep an eye on the Asus site for a BIOS update.

> I will.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Intel_Fan wrote:

> Still a very nice board but once you go DDR2 and PCI express,
> you won't go back.

I can imagine that.

--
Regards
Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Sean M wrote:

> It's not allocating any memory either way, it's giving the
> card(s) a block of memory for DMA operations.

Here's an article which is fairly easy to understand IMO:
<http://supportforum.sun.com/hardware/index.php?t=getfile&id=135&rid=0>.

--
Regards
Madsen