Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Shutdown and standby...

Shutdown and standby...

John Barnes

Hope it works for you. Would like to know what other items you two have in
common, since, many other posters here, including myself, are using Avast
with no problems. So far I haven't had any shutdown problems with x64 in
the 45 days I have used it. I didn't have a modem for x64 so didn't use the
internet during beta.

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%237H%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I took avast! off the desktop and replaced it with the 90 day trial of
>eTrust 7.1 for x64 Edition. So far, so good.
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks !
>>

>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Have you Avast antivirus installed ? My x64 machine used to do the same,
>>> until I removed Avast and replaced it by NOD32. Now it no longer hangs
>>> at the "Windows is shutting down" phase. Just a suggestion...
>>>

>>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...

NNBXX

My system in brief :

Dual Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz EM64T (Nocona)
Chipset Intel 7525
1 GB DDR2 ECC Registered (2x512 MB) Micron
Onboard Adaptec HostRAID Ultra320 SCSI controller (AIC-7901X)
Onboard SATA controller (Adaptec ? but unsure)
Two Maxtor Atlas 10K IV Ultra320 SCSI in RAID 1
One Maxtor DiamonMax Plus 9 160 GB SATA
ATI FireGL V3100 128 MB
Plextor PX 716-A with firmware 1.08 (latest)
Mitsubishi DiamondPro 2070SB

Maybe it has something in common with M. Murcek's system. A clue there ?

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
eh7P$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hope it works for you. Would like to know what other items you two have
> in common, since, many other posters here, including myself, are using
> Avast with no problems. So far I haven't had any shutdown problems with
> x64 in the 45 days I have used it. I didn't have a modem for x64 so
> didn't use the internet during beta.
>

> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%237H%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I took avast! off the desktop and replaced it with the 90 day trial of
>>eTrust 7.1 for x64 Edition. So far, so good.
>>
>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks !
>>>

>>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

What was the cost of 7.1?

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%237H%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I took avast! off the desktop and replaced it with the 90 day trial of
>eTrust 7.1 for x64 Edition. So far, so good.
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks !
>>

>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Have you Avast antivirus installed ? My x64 machine used to do the same,
>>> until I removed Avast and replaced it by NOD32. Now it no longer hangs
>>> at the "Windows is shutting down" phase. Just a suggestion...
>>>

>>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

eTrust is a bit too much just for basic protection on a platform
architecture that is virtually virus free.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%237H%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I took avast! off the desktop and replaced it with the 90 day trial of
>eTrust 7.1 for x64 Edition. So far, so good.
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks !
>>

>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Have you Avast antivirus installed ? My x64 machine used to do the same,
>>> until I removed Avast and replaced it by NOD32. Now it no longer hangs
>>> at the "Windows is shutting down" phase. Just a suggestion...
>>>

>>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

You can find an OEM copy for < $20 if you look around.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What was the cost of 7.1?

> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%237H%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I took avast! off the desktop and replaced it with the 90 day trial of
>>eTrust 7.1 for x64 Edition. So far, so good.
>>
>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks !
>>>

>>> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>>> news: (E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

Thanks! I do see it on eBay. All things considered, the retail price at HP
is no big deal either. I assumed it was more expensive for a 1-user
license.

news:%23TA34%(E-Mail Removed)...