Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > where is this file

where is this file

mikey

could someone check and tell me where the following file is located on your system(s).
D3D9.dll

get copy error when installing and want to try and recover.

any idea what this file is used for.

David R. Norton MVP

"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> could someone check and tell me where the following file is located on
> your system(s). D3D9.dll

It's located in:
....\Windows\System32
....\Windows\SysWOW64
and also in the .dll cache

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Rick

mikey wrote:
> could someone check and tell me where the following file is located on
> your system(s).
> D3D9.dll
>
> get copy error when installing and want to try and recover.
>
> any idea what this file is used for.
>

> (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)>

According to Google search results, it's a DirectX9 file for 3D.

mikey

thanx.

(E-Mail Removed)

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns96816EE66EE1Ddrnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> could someone check and tell me where the following file is located on
> your system(s). D3D9.dll

It's located in:
...\Windows\System32
...\Windows\SysWOW64
and also in the .dll cache

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

mikey

thanx, google is usually first place to look, had no idea it might be listed.

(E-Mail Removed)