Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Drivers for win xp 64 professional

Drivers for win xp 64 professional

NNBXX

No Dré, it came only with XP Pro 32 bit preinstalled, but I installed x64
afterwards, and with the x64 drivers newly released on Dell's website, the
machine works fine

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: OgQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did it come bundled with the XP Pro x64 OS NNBXX?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23NP0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, my Dell Precision 670 workstation DOES run x64, and very well !
>>
>> "M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Driver support for x64 Edition is not the same thing as AMD support.
>>> Dell's products use Intel processors that support EM64T, which CAN run
>>> x64 Edition...
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Randy

Such drivers are supposedly included on the system management CD shipped
with such systems (used to install an operating system).

However, my PowerEdge SC1420 has no drivers included on its install CD for
Win XP Pro x64, only for server versions, since that is the only type OS
Dell is supporting on it. So it's off to the manufacturer's and vendors'
websites I go in search of XP drivers... and planetamd64 and extended64
etc.

Dell is also supporting a couple of Linux server distros on their
x64-capable systems (Red Hat and Suse).

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dell has x64 driver son their site for the workstations that they support
> x64 on.
>
> "Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dell Enthusiast wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is a good site (s) to download 64 bit drivers?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Ram
>>>

>> From the web site of each hardware device's individual manufacturer.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>> both at once. - RAH

=?Utf-8?B?VHlyczR1?=

Good luck...
Drivers are becoming quite scarce. Try getting a x64 driver for the Audigy
Zs gateway edition lol...
--
Lord Tyr
AMD-64 3200+, 3 512 DDR''s 2700, Two 120g Wd Hd, Two 40g SATA Wd Hd (Raid