Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > new version of Java J2SE Runtime Environment

new version of Java J2SE Runtime Environment

Mirko

http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg

There is a newer version of Java for the Windows AMD64 platform out.

But it still doesn't seem to include the IE Java Plug-in and Java Web Start.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks for the update and link, but try not to refer to the product as
Windows AMD64 platform (although AMD pioneered it), we don't want confusion
with people running Intel EM64T processors.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Mirko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uy6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg
>
> There is a newer version of Java for the Windows AMD64 platform out.
>

> But it still doesn't seem to include the IE Java Plug-in and Java Web
> Start.

Rick

Download and installed this, but there's still no browser support nor
Wed Start.

Mirko wrote:
> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg
>

> There is a newer version of Java for the Windows AMD64 platform out.
>
> But it still doesn't seem to include the IE Java Plug-in and Java Web
> Start.

Mirko

Sure. The only reason I used that term was because SUN is using it on their
website.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
:%23kfIk%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the update and link, but try not to refer to the product as
> Windows AMD64 platform (although AMD pioneered it), we don't want
> confusion with people running Intel EM64T processors.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Mirko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uy6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg
>>
>> There is a newer version of Java for the Windows AMD64 platform out.
>>
>> But it still doesn't seem to include the IE Java Plug-in and Java Web
>> Start.

Michael Zerr

I download and installed it however it does not work with a lot of java
applications such as lime wire and azurues bit torrent.