Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Belkin wireless network drivers for XP 64 required

Belkin wireless network drivers for XP 64 required

Big Dave

Hello all

Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.

TIA Big Dave

Rick

Rumor has it that Belkin uses the Broadcom chip. The driver for the
Broadcom chip is included in the x64 OS.

Have you installed x64 yet to see if the card is recognized?

Big Dave wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
> Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.
>
> TIA Big Dave

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

This is from Chris:
The Belkin F5D7001 802.11g wireless network card is working fine in my
system. The card was recognized by X64 and shows up in device manager
as a Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. If I recall, I picked the card up
at my local CompUSA.

So maybe if you could get your hands on those drivers and give it a try,
maybe
it will work.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Big Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all
>
> Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
> Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.
>
> TIA Big Dave

John Long

I have the Belkin PCI wireless board also. May be the F5D7001 (HS option).
I am at work now but I believe I just had to use the generic Broadcomm
drivers that came with x64.

Hope this helps.

John

"Big Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all
>
> Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
> Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.
>
> TIA Big Dave

DKI

I Have the exact same card as you and the inbox drivers will install for the
card when you install X64 will install as well.

"Big Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all
>
> Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
> Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.
>
> TIA Big Dave

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

"DKI" wrote:

> I Have the exact same card as you and the inbox drivers will install for the
> card when you install X64 will install as well.
>
> "Big Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all
> >
> > Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
> > Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin site.
> >
> > TIA Big Dave

The model number of the card does not mean much. Belkin used 3 different
chipsets for one card.
If it says "version 3001" on the bottom of the box, it's using the RALINK
2500 chipset, for which ralinktech.com has drivers.

See www.hcl.ms for details

DKI

aint those though identified on the site as f5d7000 then f5d7000_v2 and
f5d7000_v3 for the 3 different versions of the card

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "DKI" wrote:
>
>> I Have the exact same card as you and the inbox drivers will install for
>> the
>> card when you install X64 will install as well.
>>
>> "Big Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello all
>> >
>> > Does anybody have or know where I can find Windows XP 64 drivers for a
>> > Belkin F5D7000 wireless network card. I have checked out the Belkin
>> > site.
>> >
>> > TIA Big Dave

> The model number of the card does not mean much. Belkin used 3 different
> chipsets for one card.
> If it says "version 3001" on the bottom of the box, it's using the RALINK
> 2500 chipset, for which ralinktech.com has drivers.
>
> See www.hcl.ms for details

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

"DKI" wrote:

> aint those though identified on the site as f5d7000 then f5d7000_v2 and
> f5d7000_v3 for the 3 different versions of the card

Which site ?
The only difference I saw in the F5D7000 (PCI card) and the F5D7010 (PCMCIA
card) was an external white label on the bottom of the box ; about 90% of the
ones at Staples were "version 3000", so I went to a few Staples before
finding "version 3001". Possibly the one before was "version 2000", and might
have a Broadcom chipset ; the reason I went for the RALINK 2500 is because
RTM was not out yet, and I was not definite what drivers would be included.
So at least I had OEM coverage.

I think the version before had a l