Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Official answer about cost of X64 tradeup, shipping and handling

Official answer about cost of X64 tradeup, shipping and handling

=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

" The upgrade kit is free, but customers will be responsible for
shipping and
handling charges of US$12.00 for Domestic addresses and
US$22.00 for
International addresses. Non-US customers are responsible for
all taxes,
import duties, custom fees or other charges. Payment is
required in US
dollars.

Sincerely
Microsoft Technology Advancement Program "

the text above was an email response to my question

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yeah, its been known a long time now.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>" The upgrade kit is free, but customers will be responsible for
> shipping and
> handling charges of US$12.00 for Domestic addresses and
> US$22.00 for
> International addresses. Non-US customers are responsible for
> all taxes,
> import duties, custom fees or other charges. Payment is
> required in US
> dollars.
>
> Sincerely
> Microsoft Technology Advancement Program "
>

> the text above was an email response to my question

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

How can International addresses, Non-US customers be responsible for all
taxes and import duties if its a free product? I hope the value on the
customs declaration is $0, that way they cant charge me import duties, but if
it has a value above $100 then they will

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Yeah, its been known a long time now.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >" The upgrade kit is free, but customers will be responsible for
> > shipping and
> > handling charges of US$12.00 for Domestic addresses and
> > US$22.00 for
> > International addresses. Non-US customers are responsible for
> > all taxes,
> > import duties, custom fees or other charges. Payment is
> > required in US
> > dollars.
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Microsoft Technology Advancement Program "
> >

> > the text above was an email response to my question

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its better than paying $140 to $155.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Steve1077" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can International addresses, Non-US customers be responsible for all
> taxes and import duties if its a free product? I hope the value on the
> customs declaration is $0, that way they cant charge me import duties, but
> if
> it has a value above $100 then they will
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Yeah, its been known a long time now.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >" The upgrade kit is free, but customers will be responsible for
>> > shipping and
>> > handling charges of US$12.00 for Domestic addresses and
>> > US$22.00 for
>> > International addresses. Non-US customers are responsible for
>> > all taxes,
>> > import duties, custom fees or other charges. Payment is
>> > required in US
>> > dollars.
>> >
>> > Sincerely
>> > Microsoft Technology Advancement Program "
>> >

>> > the text above was an email response to my question

John Barnes

Not really, if you give up your license and find out it's going to cost many
times that to replace your hardware/software and you have to buy yourself a
new x86 license.
Do the trial first, then the upgrade if it works for you.

news:uEeLFw%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Its better than paying $140 to $155.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "Steve1077" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How can International addresses, Non-US customers be responsible for all
>> taxes and import duties if its a free product? I hope the value on the
>> customs declaration is $0, that way they cant charge me import duties,
>> but if
>> it has a value above $100 then they will
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, its been known a long time now.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well, true, but if you know about XP Pro x64, you should know what you are
getting yourself into.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:eMSXlS$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not really, if you give up your license and find out it's going to cost
> many times that to replace your hardware/software and you have to buy
> yourself a new x86 license.
> Do the trial first, then the upgrade if it works for you.

> news:uEeLFw%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Its better than paying $140 to $155.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "Steve1077" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How can International addresses, Non-US customers be responsible for all
>>> taxes and import duties if its a free product? I hope the value on the
>>> customs declaration is $0, that way they cant charge me import duties,
>>> but if
>>> it has a value above $100 then they will

John Barnes

Unfortunately, people buy a 64-bit computer because the salesman tells them
they should prepare for the future, it comes with x86, they see something
about x64 somewhere and find the 'free upgrade' and they say 'cool, I have a
64-bit computer, and free, I'll upgrade' without 'knowing' . Most people
posting here seem to be dual booting or were in the beta program, so there
haven't been too many wanting to go back to x86, but as the ' exchange '
disks get delivered, I fear that with no support anywhere but here, that x64
will get a bad reputation when it doesn't deserve it.

news:egc0my$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, true, but if you know about XP Pro x64, you should know what you are
> getting yourself into.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:eMSXlS$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not really, if you give up your license and find out it's going to cost
>> many times that to replace your hardware/software and you have to buy
>> yourself a new x86 license.
>> Do the trial first, then the upgrade if it works for you.

>> news:uEeLFw%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Its better than paying $140 to $155.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> "Steve1077" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Hard developers are sneaky, they are saving up all the development resources
for the next version of Windows.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately, people buy a 64-bit computer because the salesman tells
> them they should prepare for the future, it comes with x86, they see
> something about x64 somewhere and find the 'free upgrade' and they say
> 'cool, I have a 64-bit computer, and free, I'll upgrade' without
> 'knowing' . Most people posting here seem to be dual booting or were in
> the beta program, so there haven't been too many wanting to go back to
> x86, but as the ' exchange ' disks get delivered, I fear that with no
> support anywhere but here, that x64 will get a bad reputation when it
> doesn't deserve it.

> news:egc0my$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, true, but if you know about XP Pro x64, you should know what you
>> are getting yourself into.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eMSXlS$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Not really, if you give up your license and find out it's going to cost
>>> many times that to replace your hardware/software and you have to buy
>>> yourself a new x86 license.
>>> Do the trial first, then the upgrade if it works for you.
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:uEeLFw%(E-Mail Removed)...

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Steve;
There will most likely be a value for at least the media.
My experience has been less than $1 US assuming one CD, probably closer to
35 cents.
But that is pretty close to $0.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Steve1077" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can International addresses, Non-US customers be responsible for all
> taxes and import duties if its a free product? I hope the value on the
> customs declaration is $0, that way they cant charge me import duties, but
> if
> it has a value above $100 then they will

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The value is in the intellectual property, that is what you are paying for,
in most cases, Intellectual property is priceless.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta