Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 Technology Advancement Program, is it free or a charge ?

X64 Technology Advancement Program, is it free or a charge ?

=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free ?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, its not, you are just swapping out your 32 bit license for another copy
of Windows, (only with more power". So in some sense, you are getting some
for free, a more powerful Windows. Your 32 XP Professional license will be
deactivated after the license exchange preventing future after activations.
So make sure you are ready for XP Professional x64.

You might want to give the trial a try first.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
> ?

John Barnes

I agree with Andre except not might. You will want to use the trial to make
sure the hardware and software you want/need to use will work in x64.
As he says once you trade your license you can't reinstall your old system
and activate it.
The trial is cheap and if you can live long enough to have it delivered (or
download it) it could save you a lot of expense replacing hardware and
software if yours are not compatible.
It would be interesting to see a poll of those posting here as to how many
are dual booting and what % of time they use each.

"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
> ?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

And you can do an inplace upgrade from the full version.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree with Andre except not might. You will want to use the trial to
>make sure the hardware and software you want/need to use will work in x64.
> As he says once you trade your license you can't reinstall your old system
> and activate it.
> The trial is cheap and if you can live long enough to have it delivered
> (or download it) it could save you a lot of expense replacing hardware and
> software if yours are not compatible.
> It would be interesting to see a poll of those posting here as to how many
> are dual booting and what % of time they use each.
>

> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
>> ?

=?Utf-8?B?cnVzc193aWxs?=

thats if you can get your coa/pid to work you mean

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> And you can do an inplace upgrade from the full version.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I agree with Andre except not might. You will want to use the trial to
> >make sure the hardware and software you want/need to use will work in x64.
> > As he says once you trade your license you can't reinstall your old system
> > and activate it.
> > The trial is cheap and if you can live long enough to have it delivered
> > (or download it) it could save you a lot of expense replacing hardware and
> > software if yours are not compatible.
> > It would be interesting to see a poll of those posting here as to how many
> > are dual booting and what % of time they use each.
> >

> > "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
> >> ?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well, the trial last for 17 weeks, some persons have not received theirs
within the past 8 weeks, but I don't expect it to go past 17, so you can go
ahead and standardize on it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"russ_will" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thats if you can get your coa/pid to work you mean
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> And you can do an inplace upgrade from the full version.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I agree with Andre except not might. You will want to use the trial to
>> >make sure the hardware and software you want/need to use will work in
>> >x64.
>> > As he says once you trade your license you can't reinstall your old
>> > system
>> > and activate it.
>> > The trial is cheap and if you can live long enough to have it delivered
>> > (or download it) it could save you a lot of expense replacing hardware
>> > and
>> > software if yours are not compatible.
>> > It would be interesting to see a poll of those posting here as to how
>> > many
>> > are dual booting and what % of time they use each.
>> >

>> > "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

"steve h." wrote:

> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free ?

I'm trying to order the trade right now and the MS website keeps rejecting
my information. Says incorrect address

Wayne Wastier

"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "steve h." wrote:
>
>> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
>> ?

> I'm trying to order the trade right now and the MS website keeps rejecting
> my information. Says incorrect address

Don't do it. Your best bet is to purchase the OEM version from newegg.com
or similar, and keep your 32 bit license. Driver support for XP Pro x64 is
abysmal at best right now. Dual boot, or triple boot is the way to go for
now.

Or better yet, just get the trial version and wait the 120 days and see if
the driver situation improves.

Wayne

John Barnes

I agree with Wayne, but if you will not take the plethora of advice given,
you probably entered the 9 digit zip code and the program many times will
work only with a 5 digit zip code. Try that and make sure that there are no
blanks in the field following it.
Good luck, you'll need it.

"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "steve h." wrote:
>
>> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it free
>> ?

> I'm trying to order the trade right now and the MS website keeps rejecting
> my information. Says incorrect address

Charlie Russel - MVP

Also, it seems completely unable to handle trailing spaces.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/