Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 Technology Advancement Program, is it free or a charge ?

X64 Technology Advancement Program, is it free or a charge ?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I agree with you completely Wayne, TAP is asking for disappointment.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Owwe%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "steve h." wrote:
>>
>>> The web page seems to imply it's free, using the word "trade". Is it
>>> free ?

>> I'm trying to order the trade right now and the MS website keeps
>> rejecting
>> my information. Says incorrect address

> Don't do it. Your best bet is to purchase the OEM version from newegg.com
> or similar, and keep your 32 bit license. Driver support for XP Pro x64
> is abysmal at best right now. Dual boot, or triple boot is the way to go
> for now.
>
> Or better yet, just get the trial version and wait the 120 days and see if
> the driver situation improves.
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree with you completely Wayne, TAP is asking for disappointment.
> --
> Andre

I am glad now that I didn't go the TAP route, but decided to just download
the trial version. It shouldn't expire before I get my email about the free
version being ready to download. (posted several bugs and was a regular
on the private tech-beta newsgroup. Can't tell anymore as that would violate
my NDA)

Wayne