Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Laptop Experiences with XP64?

Re: Laptop Experiences with XP64?

Matt Beals

I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or some?
Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with auto
clicking.

matt

"OneSeventeen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
>> "OneSeventeen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I've just purchased an HP Pavilion zv6000 series laptop with an AMD
>>>Athlon 64 3200+ and was wondering if anyone had experience with similar
>>>laptops and the Windows XP 64 system.
>>>
>>>I can see from microsoft's website that my printer and scanner should
>>>work fine, but I'm really curious about wireless networking, mobile PCI
>>>Express graphics, DVD burners, and things of that nature.
>>>

>>>Anyone have experience with this? Just wanted to know before I jumped on
>>>the 64-bit bandwagon too quickly.

>> Just before you jump in - where on our site have you confirmed that you
>> scanner and printer will work with the x64 version of Windows ?

> I jumped the gun, aparently the link was not to products with 64 bit
> support, but merely a plug for microsoft's online store. The statement
> was:
> "Since your 32-bit drivers will not work on this version of Windows, it is
> important that you make sure your devices are supported. You can find many
> of these supported devices on Windows Marketplace."
>
> I took that to mean the Windows Marketplace link would take me to products
> that had 64 bit driver support.
>
> I was wrong and feel silly now.
>
> I have found that supposedly the 64-bit drivers for my builtin broadcom
> wireless g is natively supported by XP-64. (found it on a linux site,
> actually =P)
>
> Haven't found an NEC driver for my DVD burner, but my realtek ethernet and
> Radeon xpress 200M are supported! Now for the basic controllers and
> system devices such as usb and my memory card reader and we're on our way!
>
>> You need specific x64 (64-bit) drivers for each and every piece of
>> hardware in and attached to your system.
>> Firstly check with the laptop manufacturer then each of the attached
>> peripheral vendors web sites for x64 drivers.

Wayne Wastier

"Matt Beals" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
>XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or
>some? Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with auto
>clicking.
>
> matt

The driver issue is so similar to Windows 2000 when it was released. That
is why I ditched it as fast as possible.
I think someone at Microsoft is due for a firing.

Wayne

Steve [387095]

I did not think I was alone. But I did think by now there were would be
drivers for ATI.

For this reason, I am dual booting to my 32bit to get jobs done until there
are more drivers.

--

Steve Herrick [387095]

"Matt Beals" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
>XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or
>some? Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with auto
>clicking.
>
> matt
>
> "OneSeventeen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mike Brannigan [MSFT] wrote:
>>> "OneSeventeen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Just before you jump in - where on our site have you confirmed that you
>>> scanner and printer will work with the x64 version of Windows ?

>> I jumped the gun, aparently the link was not to products with 64 bit
>> support, but merely a plug for microsoft's online store. The statement
>> was:
>> "Since your 32-bit drivers will not work on this version of Windows, it
>> is important that you make sure your devices are supported. You can find
>> many of these supported devices on Windows Marketplace."
>>
>> I took that to mean the Windows Marketplace link would take me to
>> products that had 64 bit driver support.
>>
>> I was wrong and feel silly now.
>>
>> I have found that supposedly the 64-bit drivers for my builtin broadcom
>> wireless g is natively supported by XP-64. (found it on a linux site,
>> actually =P)
>>
>> Haven't found an NEC driver for my DVD burner, but my realtek ethernet
>> and Radeon xpress 200M are supported! Now for the basic controllers and
>> system devices such as usb and my memory card reader and we're on our
>> way!
>>
>>> You need specific x64 (64-bit) drivers for each and every piece of
>>> hardware in and attached to your system.
>>> Firstly check with the laptop manufacturer then each of the attached
>>> peripheral vendors web sites for x64 drivers.

Matt Beals

I got the ATI drivers to install. As well as the sound card drivers. Expcet
that the sound card doesn't produce any sounds... No MMC drivers that work,
no modem drivers that work. Oh joy!

Matt

"Steve [387095]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did not think I was alone. But I did think by now there were would be
>drivers for ATI.
>
> For this reason, I am dual booting to my 32bit to get jobs done until
> there are more drivers.
>
> --
>
> Steve Herrick [387095]
>

> "Matt Beals" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
>>XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or
>>some? Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with
>>auto clicking.
>>
>> matt
>>
>> "OneSeventeen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I jumped the gun, aparently the link was not to products with 64 bit
>>> support, but merely a plug for microsoft's online store. The statement
>>> was:
>>> "Since your 32-bit drivers will not work on this version of Windows, it
>>> is important that you make sure your devices are supported. You can find
>>> many of these supported devices on Windows Marketplace."
>>>
>>> I took that to mean the Windows Marketplace link would take me to
>>> products that had 64 bit driver support.
>>>
>>> I was wrong and feel silly now.
>>>
>>> I have found that supposedly the 64-bit drivers for my builtin broadcom
>>> wireless g is natively supported by XP-64. (found it on a linux site,
>>> actually =P)
>>>
>>> Haven't found an NEC driver for my DVD burner, but my realtek ethernet
>>> and Radeon xpress 200M are supported! Now for the basic controllers and
>>> system devices such as usb and my memory card reader and we're on our
>>> way!

Spinnacre

I have the same (HP zv6007) laptop and have been completely unable to
get the ATI drivers to install. PLEASE help me by telling me how you
got them to install. Thanks in advance!

--
Spinnacre

Dennis Pack

Spinnacre:

Download the ATI drivers, unzip the download to an ATI file on
the x64 drive. Go to "device manager", display adapters, ATI, update driver.
In the dialog box choose which driver to install, choose the unzipped folder
on the x64 drive then install and reboot.

"Spinnacre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have the same (HP zv6007) laptop and have been completely unable to
> get the ATI drivers to install. PLEASE help me by telling me how you
> got them to install. Thanks in advance!
>

> --
> Spinnacre

My Experiences with the XFX 7800GTX @ ThinkComputers.org Silverstrand Front Page News 0 09-03-2005 01:41 PM
similar experiences? Will Gortoa Firefox 9 11-24-2004 12:46 AM
LRE experiences Juraj Ljubesic Cisco 1 01-24-2004 09:01 AM
Cisco IAD2431 - any experiences and/or opinions? Will N Cisco 0 01-21-2004 10:20 PM

Advertisments