Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP Driver support (or lack of)..

XP Driver support (or lack of)..

Bruce Chambers

paying customers, beta testers again ! wrote:
> All I know is that I have shelled out good money for XP64 and nothing
> actually works,
>
> I'm unable to connect my printer my camera doesn't upload and to top it all
> off 50% of my software won't even get passed the install stage (Norton etc)

Is there any particular reason that *you* decided to migrate to a new
OS without bothering to take the time to determine if the manufacturers
of your various hardware devices had provided compatible device drivers?

> For the future of computing, this has to be a joke if none of the big
> companies are behind this and writing 64 Drivers

And what did these "big companies" tell you when you asked them about
the availability of drivers for their products? Did they point out that
they often wait months to see if a new OS is going to be popular enough
for them to bother? Or that they other won't bother developing new
drivers for old devices, and you'll just have to buy their latest
product? (Such as often been the case, which is why one checks *before*
upgrading to a new OS.)

> Come on Microsoft Pull your finger out...how about you stop using the paying
> public as beta testers

How can you possibly think that Microsoft is responsible for some other
companies' failure to support their own products or customers?
Microsoft doesn't provide device drivers for any hardware components but
those that Microsoft manufacturers. All other device drivers must be
provided to Microsoft for testing and inclusion in the installation
package by each individual device manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Jud Hendrix

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:33:03 -0700, "paying customers, beta testers
again !" <paying customers, beta testers again
!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>All I know is that I have shelled out good money for XP64 and nothing
>actually works,
>
>I'm unable to connect my printer my camera doesn't upload and to top it all
>off 50% of my software won't even get passed the install stage (Norton etc)

You can't blame MS or anyone else for your own fault of not
researching the availability of drivers for your hardware.
It's as simple as that

jud

=?Utf-8?B?TWV0aG9lcw==?=

It appears that even microsoft products are not supported in win xp pro 64
bit.I have recently took the plunge to build an awesome gaming rig only to
find that I'd wasted my money buying 64 bit.Not only are peripherals not
supported(printers scanners etc)but also my MICROSOFT gamevoice and
MICROSOFT intelemouse.To anyone considering purchasing xp 64 bit I say don"t
bother.It's a typical Microsoft product released way too soon,before all the
bugs have been worked out.To Microsoft I say get your sh*t together!!

"Mark Gillespie" wrote:

> Possible old news for some, but I always assumed that XP64 would at
> least have the support for the MS provided 32bit drivers in XP64, but
> even stuff that works out of the box on XP32 is not supported in XP64
> (nor is it ever likely to be..)
>
> I noticed a document on MS site, that mentioned WIA drivers that were
> provided in XP32, and my Epson scanner was listed, nothing in XP64 for it.
>

> Has anyone counted the number of devices in XP32 and XP64? Wonder what
> the result would be? Might just do that, and post the results to The
> Inquirer....

Colin Barnhorst

If by bugs, you mean a poorly written OS, I have to disagree. But if by
bugs, you mean the failure of dozens of manufacturer's to write 64-drivers
for their products, then I agree.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Lack of Support Stephen Boursy Firefox 4 03-11-2005 04:37 PM
Spam and ISP lack of support Silverback Computer Support 11 02-06-2005 10:21 PM

Advertisments