Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP Driver support (or lack of)..

XP Driver support (or lack of)..

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

We do assist the OEMs in getting their drivers up to par, its very rare
that we right a driver from scratch for something thats not MSFT branded.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

But suppose he standardized on it?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "James Park" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> As long as it goes out before my free trial download expires so I can do
>> a repair install, I'm fine with it.
>>

> You do know that if you reinstall, after reformatting of course, you get
> another 120 days.
>

> Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You don't have to do a repair, just an inplace upgrade from the Trial.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"James Park" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As long as it goes out before my free trial download expires so I can do a
> repair install, I'm fine with it.
>
> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] got up from the bar and shouted: :
>>> The said it would be available in the "near future", the only problem
>>> now is to figure out Microsofts intepretation of "near future".

>> Well, my XP Tecg Advancement set was supposed to ship in the near future,
>> that was 2 months ago now...
>>
>> Apparently Microsofts 2x CD burner packed up, and are hunting down a
>> replacement in the skips ouside the back of Dell's factory in the luck
>> they may be able to find a working one, and commence burning those
>> upgrade disks....

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Actually, he's having some driver issues himself, I spoke to him last night,
was really frustrated, he's at a lost.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:OPFE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They have been saying that for over 2 months at least.

> It has actually been at least since last October that this was brought up,
> and probably before that.
>
> It is time for someone to contact Bill Gates himself for an answer.

Wayne Wastier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But suppose he standardized on it?
> --
> Andre

Well, being a beta tester for many years, I do a clean install of all my
operating systems every month or two. So, I am not thinking like a regular
user.

Wayne Wastier

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually, he's having some driver issues himself, I spoke to him last
> night, was really frustrated, he's at a lost.
> --

ROFLOL.

John Barnes

Is she shipping your used keyboard too

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It has got to be frustrating, and I knew it was going to be kind of "too
> good to be true" kinda thing thats why I just asked my aunt to purchase
> mine from Directron and ship it to me. Much quicker than 8 weeks.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Bill Sharpe" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, we know pending means more than eight weeks, so near future
>> probably means somewhat longer than eight weeks.
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OPFE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> They have been saying that for over 2 months at least. That isn't near
>>> future to someone who started programming on an IBM System32 in the
>>> 1970's and may not make it to Microsoft's 'near future'
>>>

>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

James Park

The thread "X64 trial to x64 full verion OEM" seems to indicate that a
repair install is the way to go.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]:
"OEM media is limited to upgrading other OEM media, not other types of
media. So you could do a repair installation, but not a inplace upgrade."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't have to do a repair, just an inplace upgrade from the Trial.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "James Park" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> As long as it goes out before my free trial download expires so I can do
>> a repair install, I'm fine with it.
>>
>> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] got up from the bar and shouted: :
>>>
>>> Well, my XP Tecg Advancement set was supposed to ship in the near
>>> future, that was 2 months ago now...
>>>
>>> Apparently Microsofts 2x CD burner packed up, and are hunting down a
>>> replacement in the skips ouside the back of Dell's factory in the luck
>>> they may be able to find a working one, and commence burning those
>>> upgrade disks....

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, I got that already.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is she shipping your used keyboard too

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It has got to be frustrating, and I knew it was going to be kind of "too
>> good to be true" kinda thing thats why I just asked my aunt to purchase
>> mine from Directron and ship it to me. Much quicker than 8 weeks.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Bill Sharpe" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well, we know pending means more than eight weeks, so near future
>>> probably means somewhat longer than eight weeks.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>
>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OPFE$(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thats correct, if its an OEM version and you want to upgrade from the trial,
you have do a repair install, instead by booting off the CD. Only, Volume
License and MSDN Subscriber Editions of XP Pro x64 can upgrade a trial.

Thanks to Darrell for updating me on that.

Lack of Support Stephen Boursy Firefox 4 03-11-2005 04:37 PM
Spam and ISP lack of support Silverback Computer Support 11 02-06-2005 10:21 PM

Advertisments