Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Baseline Security Analyzer

Reply
Thread Tools

Baseline Security Analyzer

 
 
Don Awalt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2005
I just installed BSA on x64, and it reports a lot of stuff that's not true -
looks like it does not know what x64 is.

Can I assume it's not supported for 64 bit? Am I using the wrong version? I
have seen a version 2.0 is ocming out in July, but I can't find if this will
support x64..

thanks!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUGFuemtl?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2005
Hello Don, I would be violating my NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) if I
answered your question.

Sincerely,

Kevin Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester)

"Don Awalt" wrote:

> I just installed BSA on x64, and it reports a lot of stuff that's not true -
> looks like it does not know what x64 is.
>
> Can I assume it's not supported for 64 bit? Am I using the wrong version? I
> have seen a version 2.0 is ocming out in July, but I can't find if this will
> support x64..
>
> thanks!
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2005
I was reading on eWeek there is a new version in the works, maybe you could
apply for that beta and offer some feed back on your experiences with it on
x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Don Awalt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed BSA on x64, and it reports a lot of stuff that's not
>true - looks like it does not know what x64 is.
>
> Can I assume it's not supported for 64 bit? Am I using the wrong version?
> I have seen a version 2.0 is ocming out in July, but I can't find if this
> will support x64..
>
> thanks!
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2005
No comment (NDAs being what they are.) However, it's hardly surprising that
the current version of MBSA doesn't support x64 correctly, since it shipped
well before x64 shipped.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/


Don Awalt wrote:
> I just installed BSA on x64, and it reports a lot of stuff that's not
> true - looks like it does not know what x64 is.
>
> Can I assume it's not supported for 64 bit? Am I using the wrong
> version? I have seen a version 2.0 is ocming out in July, but I can't
> find if this will support x64..
>
> thanks!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baseline GUI Architecture (was: Baseline GUI Prototype?) Stefan Ram Java 3 11-20-2011 02:18 AM
Cisco Security Baseline Configuration rhett.thompson@gmail.com Cisco 2 03-01-2006 02:37 PM
microsoft security baseline analyzer (MSBA) equivalent Doug Fox Computer Security 6 01-20-2005 04:19 AM
microsoft security baseline analyzer (MSBA) equivalent Doug Fox Computer Security 1 01-20-2005 01:00 AM
Help with MS Baseline Security Analyzer ECLiPSE 2002 Computer Support 2 05-05-2004 11:26 PM



Advertisments