Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 2k and Windows XP X64 home network

Windows 2k and Windows XP X64 home network

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Which brand firewall is this, let me guess, Zone Alarm?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually I spoke to soon, when I put my firewall back on on the 2k
> computer
> it blocks the connection, but that should be no problem solving.
>
> Thanks again
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Great, glad I could help!
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hey, it's working. Thanks Andre.
>> >
>> > Now I just need to get sitecom sorted and I'm away

=?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=

Wrong , Outpost by Agnitum.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Which brand firewall is this, let me guess, Zone Alarm?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Actually I spoke to soon, when I put my firewall back on on the 2k
> > computer
> > it blocks the connection, but that should be no problem solving.
> >
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> Great, glad I could help!
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >>
> >> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Dang!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wrong , Outpost by Agnitum.
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Which brand firewall is this, let me guess, Zone Alarm?
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Actually I spoke to soon, when I put my firewall back on on the 2k
>> > computer
>> > it blocks the connection, but that should be no problem solving.
>> >
>> > Thanks again

=?Utf-8?B?T2xsaWU=?=

I spoke to early.
I can see and access folders on the x64 from the 2k machine. But, I can only
see the 2k machine from the x64. I have set the Outpost firewall to allow the
IP address of the x64 machine but I still cannot access it. I have got a
shared folder but no luck.

Basiccally it says that the PC is not available "You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
server to find out if you have access permissions. the semaphore timeout
period has expired."

Any ideas?

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Dang!
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Wrong , Outpost by Agnitum.
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> Which brand firewall is this, let me guess, Zone Alarm?
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >>
> >> "Ollie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Rerun the Network setup wizard again on x64 and restart both machines.