Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to install 64Bit edition

How to install 64Bit edition

=?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=

Hi,I jsut downloaded the 64bit xp OS from the mocrosoft website,and,I know I
have to burn it to a cd,but,I have done that,but,wont boot from that cd.Is
there anything I am doing wrong?All my hardware is fine,however,I cant get it
to boot,any suggestions?Thanks!

RonK

You have to burn the file as an Image onto the cd. You don't just copy it
onto the cd.
You also have to set the boot sequence in the bios settings to boot from the
cd and have the hard drive as the second boot device.

"Heinrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,I jsut downloaded the 64bit xp OS from the mocrosoft website,and,I know
> have to burn it to a cd,but,I have done that,but,wont boot from that cd.Is
> there anything I am doing wrong?All my hardware is fine,however,I cant get
> it
> to boot,any suggestions?Thanks!

Charlie Russel - MVP

For excellent instructions on how to write an ISO file to a CD correctly, I
recommend:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

--
Charlie.

Heinrich wrote:
> Hi,I jsut downloaded the 64bit xp OS from the mocrosoft website,and,I
> know I have to burn it to a cd,but,I have done that,but,wont boot
> from that cd.Is there anything I am doing wrong?All my hardware is
> fine,however,I cant get it to boot,any suggestions?Thanks!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Also try to burn at a low speed too, such as 16x.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Heinrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,I jsut downloaded the 64bit xp OS from the mocrosoft website,and,I know
> have to burn it to a cd,but,I have done that,but,wont boot from that cd.Is
> there anything I am doing wrong?All my hardware is fine,however,I cant get
> it
> to boot,any suggestions?Thanks!

Randy

Some system BIOSes also require changing security settings to allow booting
from CD ROM (or other optical) drives (or from parallel, serial, USB, or
network ports, floppy disk drive, etc.).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...