Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Antivirus software

Antivirus software

Rick

It doesn't say anything about being compatible with x64.

Steve Thompson wrote:

Bruce Chambers

Steve Thompson wrote:

> WinAntiVirus 2005 is also an option. http://www.winantivirus.com/

I don't see anything on that site that evens "hints" that the product
might support WinXPx64. In fact, searches of its Knowledge base for
such things as "system requirements," "x64," "64-bit," and "supported
operating systems" all came up blank. Do you have a more specific link?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Steve Thompson

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Steve Thompson wrote:
>

>> WinAntiVirus 2005 is also an option. http://www.winantivirus.com/
>>

> I don't see anything on that site that evens "hints" that the
> product might support WinXPx64. In fact, searches of its Knowledge base
> for such things as "system requirements," "x64," "64-bit," and
> "supported operating systems" all came up blank. Do you have a more
> specific link?

<qoute>

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Software Customer Support.

With reference to your email we wish to inform you that WinAntiVirus Pro
2005 software is compatible with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

etc...

</qoute>

It's been working fine for me and I havn't had any problems with it. I
purchase the 2005 suite which includes firewall, pop-up blocker,
antivirus and spyware blocker.

The firewall and antivirus are the 2 main software packages that I was
looking for that were compatible with XP x64.

I originally saw the sidebar add on one of the x64 websites. I can't
remember which one.

The only disappointing thing that I found was that they don't have a
trial download.

HTH,

- --
Steve Thompson
Key ID: 0x495F423B http://pgpkeys.telering.at
CBEC CFA9 94DB B835 5B86 4F7B 5EFF 6369 495F 423B

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks for that link Steve, I will post on my x64 Blog.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Steve Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?QU1ERlg1NU93bmVy?=

I was able to get McAfee version 8 to install on my computer. Haven't really
tried using it yet. Just installed it last night and it installed which is a
positive b/c I have 2 programs that I use that won't even install and I
really need to use them. One is an email client and the other is a ssh
client.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Thanks for that link Steve, I will post on my x64 Blog.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Steve Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Torrey Lauer

AMDFD55Owner,

You are better off uninstalling McAfee, and going with another anti-virus
that will run on 64 bit OS. McAfee is by far the worst A/V out there on the
market. The next is Norton.

Do yourself a favor, and go with one that will really protect your PC.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"AMDFX55Owner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was able to get McAfee version 8 to install on my computer. Haven't
>really
> tried using it yet. Just installed it last night and it installed which
> is a
> positive b/c I have 2 programs that I use that won't even install and I
> really need to use them. One is an email client and the other is a ssh
> client.
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that link Steve, I will post on my x64 Blog.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Steve Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

NNBXX

Agree. I suggest NOD32 version 2.5 or Avast.

"Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> AMDFD55Owner,
>
> You are better off uninstalling McAfee, and going with another anti-virus
> that will run on 64 bit OS. McAfee is by far the worst A/V out there on
> the market. The next is Norton.
>
> Do yourself a favor, and go with one that will really protect your PC.
>
> --
> Torrey Lauer
> Modern Travel Services
> moderntravel DOT net
>
> Rainbow Sky Travel
> rainbow sky travel DOT net
> "AMDFX55Owner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was able to get McAfee version 8 to install on my computer. Haven't
>>really
>> tried using it yet. Just installed it last night and it installed which
>> is a
>> positive b/c I have 2 programs that I use that won't even install and I
>> really need to use them. One is an email client and the other is a ssh
>> client.
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for that link Steve, I will post on my x64 Blog.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "Steve Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

And NOD32 has a 64-bit beta version available to try.

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Agree. I suggest NOD32 version 2.5 or Avast.
>
> "Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> AMDFD55Owner,
>>
>> You are better off uninstalling McAfee, and going with another anti-virus
>> that will run on 64 bit OS. McAfee is by far the worst A/V out there on
>> the market. The next is Norton.
>>
>> Do yourself a favor, and go with one that will really protect your PC.
>>
>> --
>> Torrey Lauer
>> Modern Travel Services
>> moderntravel DOT net
>>
>> Rainbow Sky Travel
>> rainbow sky travel DOT net
>> "AMDFX55Owner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I was able to get McAfee version 8 to install on my computer. Haven't
>>>really
>>> tried using it yet. Just installed it last night and it installed which
>>> is a
>>> positive b/c I have 2 programs that I use that won't even install and I
>>> really need to use them. One is an email client and the other is a ssh
>>> client.

NNBXX

Yes, actually. BTW, I was refering to this version (2.5) in my post

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And NOD32 has a 64-bit beta version available to try.
>

> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Agree. I suggest NOD32 version 2.5 or Avast.
>>
>> "Torrey Lauer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> AMDFD55Owner,
>>>
>>> You are better off uninstalling McAfee, and going with another
>>> anti-virus that will run on 64 bit OS. McAfee is by far the worst A/V
>>> out there on the market. The next is Norton.
>>>
>>> Do yourself a favor, and go with one that will really protect your PC.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Torrey Lauer
>>> Modern Travel Services
>>> moderntravel DOT net
>>>
>>> Rainbow Sky Travel
>>> rainbow sky travel DOT net
>>> "AMDFX55Owner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?QU1ERlg1NU93bmVy?=

Have you ever heard of a program called deep freeze? The company I work for
uses that for virus and spyware protection, along with "preventable measures"
so that employees using the computers can't change settings on them. I went
from removing viruses and spyware everyday on these computers to nothing!
AMAZING software. I doubt that they have a 64 bit version yet, but that is
what I use on my 32 bit machine. http://www.faronics.com. Lemme know if you
have feedback on this software.