Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 Upgrade ship date ?

X64 Upgrade ship date ?

Rick

Well, Chris said he was told on May 19, 2005, that his CD was being
built, and it seems he is still waiting for word that it is being shipped.

So, how long does it take to build, or manufacture, a Windows XP
Professional x64 CD?

John Barnes wrote:
> Sorry misunderstood. What do you mean by build a CD

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>How long does it take to build a CD?
>>

>>ChrisC wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, well I am watching this post with interest as I've received the
>>>e-mail saying that my CD is being built and my credit card will be billed
>>>on the 19th May. However no order number has been issued so how on earth
>>>do I check the order staus????
>>>ChrisC
>>>"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

It shouldn't take long to produce the x64 CD, but it depends on the location
of the factory where the x64 CD is being produced. All of these things have
to be taken into account when it comes to delivery, I don't believe
Microsoft has a stock pile somewhere waiting.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How long does it take to build a CD?
>

> ChrisC wrote:
>> Hi, well I am watching this post with interest as I've received the
>> e-mail saying that my CD is being built and my credit card will be billed
>> on the 19th May. However no order number has been issued so how on earth
>> do I check the order staus????
>> ChrisC
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>It should be with you 4 to 5 weeks after being ordered. Have you checked
>>>the order status:
>>>https://microsoft.productorder.com/c...derstatus.aspx
>>>--
>>>Andre
>>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>>
>>>"John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Christian Hougardy

Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How long does it take to build a CD?

Well, hard to say, this one is obviously build with a lot of love and care

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, every hologram disk is etched with care.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Christian Hougardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> How long does it take to build a CD?
>>

> Well, hard to say, this one is obviously build with a lot of love and care
>

> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

ChrisC

Why should I keep having to chase them up, I believe this whole thing for me
has been a farce....
ChrisC
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> E-mail them - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, well I am watching this post with interest as I've received the
>> e-mail saying that my CD is being built and my credit card will be billed
>> on the 19th May. However no order number has been issued so how on earth
>> do I check the order staus????
>> ChrisC
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It should be with you 4 to 5 weeks after being ordered. Have you checked
>>> the order status:
>>> https://microsoft.productorder.com/c...derstatus.aspx
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "John Long" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

They are etching the CD.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why should I keep having to chase them up, I believe this whole thing for
> me has been a farce....
> ChrisC
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> E-mail them - (E-Mail Removed)
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi, well I am watching this post with interest as I've received the
>>> e-mail saying that my CD is being built and my credit card will be
>>> billed on the 19th May. However no order number has been issued so how
>>> on earth do I check the order staus????
>>> ChrisC
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, no. There is one old guy in a back room. He is carefully burning each
tiny dot with a hand laser. Be patient, it only takes him about 5 days to do
a single CD.

--
Charlie.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> They are etching the CD.
>
> "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why should I keep having to chase them up, I believe this whole
>> thing for me has been a farce....
>> ChrisC
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> E-mail them - (E-Mail Removed)
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>>> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm "ChrisC"
>>> <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

He also has to bond with each CD before shipping it off.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, no. There is one old guy in a back room. He is carefully burning each
> tiny dot with a hand laser. Be patient, it only takes him about 5 days to
> do a single CD.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> They are etching the CD.
>>
>> "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Why should I keep having to chase them up, I believe this whole
>>> thing for me has been a farce....
>>> ChrisC
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

I would say there is no firm date on when you will get your CD if you have
sent an order, it's just a case of waiting until the cows come home

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Yes, every hologram disk is etched with care.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Christian Hougardy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Rick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> How long does it take to build a CD?
> >>

> > Well, hard to say, this one is obviously build with a lot of love and care
> >

> > --
> > Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> > Johannesburg - South Africa
> > http://msmvps.com/xpditif
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The expected length should be somewhere between 5 to 6 weeks based on what
persons have said.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com