Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remote Desktop - also - Net Framework 2

Remote Desktop - also - Net Framework 2

JT

Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"

Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have heard of
some success in this area.

We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 & Fx
4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.

Thanks any input would b appreciated.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Did you download it from here:
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Os%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
>
> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have heard
> of some success in this area.
>
> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 & Fx
> 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
>
> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

JT

Actually, yes. But the "beta" version of "64" was sent from Msft. a while
back. "Supposedly" "64" speeds up Autocad software a worthwihle amount.

The Net Fram-2 proceedes part way through the installation then asks me if I
want to diable windows installer (which) seems kind of nutty if you think
about it.

After freezing once, I've a load of txt files describing installation for
netfram2 that run on forever then "error out." These seem to be autosaved
on the HD.

I'm donwnloading the "newer - maybe?" versions of "64" as we speak, perhaps
some success will come there.

JT

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you download it from here:
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Os%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
>>
>> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
>> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have heard
>> of some success in this area.
>>
>> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
>> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 & Fx
>> 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
>>
>> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

JT

Just popped over to you blog. Nice.

"JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually, yes. But the "beta" version of "64" was sent from Msft. a
> while back. "Supposedly" "64" speeds up Autocad software a worthwihle
> amount.
>
> The Net Fram-2 proceedes part way through the installation then asks me if
> I want to diable windows installer (which) seems kind of nutty if you
> think about it.
>
> After freezing once, I've a load of txt files describing installation for
> netfram2 that run on forever then "error out." These seem to be autosaved
> on the HD.
>
> I'm donwnloading the "newer - maybe?" versions of "64" as we speak,
> perhaps some success will come there.
>
> JT

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Did you download it from here:
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Os%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
>>>
>>> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
>>> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have heard
>>> of some success in this area.
>>>
>>> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
>>> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 & Fx
>>> 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
>>>
>>> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?SW50ZWxfRmFu?=

I'm running VBExpress Beta2 on x64 trial version (build 3790). Install was
clean including .net framework beta 2. No complaints except it seems to lack
the "Edit and Continue" feature.

"JT" wrote:

> Actually, yes. But the "beta" version of "64" was sent from Msft. a while
> back. "Supposedly" "64" speeds up Autocad software a worthwihle amount.
>
> The Net Fram-2 proceedes part way through the installation then asks me if I
> want to diable windows installer (which) seems kind of nutty if you think
> about it.
>
> After freezing once, I've a load of txt files describing installation for
> netfram2 that run on forever then "error out." These seem to be autosaved
> on the HD.
>
> I'm donwnloading the "newer - maybe?" versions of "64" as we speak, perhaps
> some success will come there.
>
> JT

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Did you download it from here:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Os%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
> >>
> >> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
> >> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have heard
> >> of some success in this area.
> >>
> >> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
> >> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 & Fx
> >> 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
> >>
> >> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Remote desktop works, in both directions -- I use RDP to connect to my x64
box every day. And, in turn, use it as a 2 stage remote desktop into my
network from the outside -- I RDP in to it, and then RDP from it over to my
main workstation. But if it's a fresh install, RDP is disabled by default.
And the new firewall will block it as well.

--
Charlie.

JT wrote:
> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
>
> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have
> heard of some success in this area.
>
> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 &
> Fx 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
>
> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thank you.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just popped over to you blog. Nice.
>

> "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Actually, yes. But the "beta" version of "64" was sent from Msft. a
>> while back. "Supposedly" "64" speeds up Autocad software a worthwihle
>> amount.
>>
>> The Net Fram-2 proceedes part way through the installation then asks me
>> if I want to diable windows installer (which) seems kind of nutty if you
>> think about it.
>>
>> After freezing once, I've a load of txt files describing installation for
>> netfram2 that run on forever then "error out." These seem to be
>> autosaved on the HD.
>>
>> I'm donwnloading the "newer - maybe?" versions of "64" as we speak,
>> perhaps some success will come there.
>>
>> JT

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Did you download it from here:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Os%(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Aren't you confused by so many RDPing Charlie.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Remote desktop works, in both directions -- I use RDP to connect to my x64
> box every day. And, in turn, use it as a 2 stage remote desktop into my
> network from the outside -- I RDP in to it, and then RDP from it over to
> my main workstation. But if it's a fresh install, RDP is disabled by
> default. And the new firewall will block it as well.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> JT wrote:
>> Is this opiton working in the "trial download" of "64-pro"
>>
>> Also, I have a beta version from Microsoft of "64" yet I've been
>> unsuccessful in integrating the beta of Net Framework 2, but have
>> heard of some success in this area.
>>
>> We've got all Tyan 2885's & 2882's for cad work, servers, etc. mostly
>> running paired Opti 250's & 252's. The video's are Quadro Fx 3000 &
>> Fx 4000's, all have at least 4 gig of mem.
>>
>> Thanks any input would b appreciated.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Nope. Not something I normally do, but it was a useful workaround to a
problem recently when I could get RDP access, but not VPN access to my
network from where I happened to be working. (VPN ports were blocked, RDP
wasn't.) Since I had set the x64 box up for remote access for a developer
friend who needed to port something to x64, it got around the problem nicely.

--
Charlie.