Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > did x64 eat my directory (usb flash drive)

did x64 eat my directory (usb flash drive)

=?Utf-8?B?am9obg==?=

plugged storix axis 128M usb flash drive into new dell xeon w/ xp pro x64

identified new hardware, found driver...

when i opened drive window nothing was shown in directory

moving back to 32 bit xp pro computer that i have used this drive with
previously (2 days ago) i still see no directory, but properties shows 111M
used space

did x64 eat my usb flash memory?

NoNoBadDog!

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> plugged storix axis 128M usb flash drive into new dell xeon w/ xp pro x64
>
> identified new hardware, found driver...
>
> when i opened drive window nothing was shown in directory
>
> moving back to 32 bit xp pro computer that i have used this drive with
> previously (2 days ago) i still see no directory, but properties shows
> 111M
> used space
>
> did x64 eat my usb flash memory?

Sounds like you've been disconnecting it without first stopping it with the
Safely Remove Hardware applet. Removing a thumb drive without stopping it
will often result in what you have described.

Bobby

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

You could try using this free file recovery program. recover /restore the
content of the external drive (to for example your desktop) and then put the
content back to your external drive. I find this program to work pretty well,
have used it in Windows 32 bit but don't know if it works in X64, fiddle
around with it and you'll figure out how it works
http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector...ml?tag=lst-0-5

good luck

does GC eat my JMenu? Martijn Mulder Java 3 12-17-2005 03:12 AM
Are they safe to eat? nevillenevilleson Computer Support 11 09-12-2005 09:51 AM
OT: Eat your vegetables Briscobar MCSE 2 02-25-2005 01:57 AM
why cant i eat breakfast? Siman Computer Support 35 09-05-2004 06:18 AM
Why I don't eat salad, anymore... SgtMinor Computer Support 12 03-04-2004 01:45 AM

Advertisments