Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Canon update

Canon update

David R. Norton MVP

I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
again, here's the answer:

At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they will
be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jack
Technical Support Representative

You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when they
didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Please keep pestering them. And I'll do the same. Eventually they'll get
fed up and either tell us to go away completely or by magic x64 drivers will
appear for all the i and s series... and I guess the pixmas too.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
> again, here's the answer:
>
> ================================================== =================
> At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
> availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
> information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
> but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they will
> be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
> inconvenience.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jack
> Technical Support Representative
> ================================================== ================
>
> You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
> drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when they
> didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>
>
> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Barnes

I've contacted them 5 times all the same response. Today I sent them
extracts from posts below saying they will never buy another Canon and
throwing out their Canon and buying an HP. Will see if I get the same
response. I too am hoping for drivers for the i series. At least my old
Lexmark prints but has mechanical problems with the first page printed so is
a pain to use.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ugu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please keep pestering them. And I'll do the same. Eventually they'll get
> fed up and either tell us to go away completely or by magic x64 drivers
> will appear for all the i and s series... and I guess the pixmas too.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
>> again, here's the answer:
>>
>> ================================================== =================
>> At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
>> availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
>> information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
>> but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they
>> will
>> be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
>> inconvenience.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Jack
>> Technical Support Representative
>> ================================================== ================
>>
>> You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
>> drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when
>> they
>> didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>
>>
>> --
>> David R. Norton MVP
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

LOL, this is so funny!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
> again, here's the answer:
>
> ================================================== =================
> At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
> availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
> information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
> but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they will
> be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
> inconvenience.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jack
> Technical Support Representative
> ================================================== ================
>
> You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
> drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when they
> didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>
>
> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

Mirko

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24004

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> :(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've contacted them 5 times all the same response. Today I sent them
> extracts from posts below saying they will never buy another Canon and
> throwing out their Canon and buying an HP. Will see if I get the same
> response. I too am hoping for drivers for the i series. At least my old
> Lexmark prints but has mechanical problems with the first page printed so
> is a pain to use.
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ugu$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Please keep pestering them. And I'll do the same. Eventually they'll
>> get fed up and either tell us to go away completely or by magic x64
>> drivers will appear for all the i and s series... and I guess the pixmas
>> too.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon
>>>S900
>>> again, here's the answer:
>>>
>>> ================================================== =================
>>> At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
>>> availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
>>> information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
>>> but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they
>>> will
>>> be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
>>> inconvenience.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Jack
>>> Technical Support Representative
>>> ================================================== ================
>>>
>>> You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have
>>> no
>>> drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when
>>> they
>>> didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>
>>>
>>> --
>>> David R. Norton MVP
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>

=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlubyBGYXJpYQ==?=

Canon has started posting x64 drivers. just got webprint and i9900 x64
drivers...

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> LOL, this is so funny!
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
> > again, here's the answer:
> >
> > ================================================== =================
> > At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
> > availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
> > information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
> > but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they will
> > be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
> > inconvenience.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Jack
> > Technical Support Representative
> > ================================================== ================
> >
> > You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
> > drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when they
> > didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>
> >
> > --
> > David R. Norton MVP
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueTgzNzI=?=

I just sent a message to Cannon Inquiring about 64-bit drivers, heres what i
got:

Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Unfortunately, 64 bit drivers are not available from Canon at this time. We
have not been given a date on when the Windows 64 bit drivers will be
available. As soon as we here, we'll pass it along. When the 64 bit
drivers are ready for release, they will be posted here.

www.canontechsupport.com

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

David
Technical Support Representative

John Barnes

Same message everyone gets, but the BJC-8000 works for most of the Canon
printers. Try it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...