Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 and Sata

X64 and Sata

=?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what im
doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS Sata hard
drive

I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go to
install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set in
bios

what am i doing wrong?

i have a

AMD 64 3400
Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
BFG 6800 Ultra
1 gig Kingston Ram
1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive

thanks guys

Christian Hougardy

TankEngine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know
> what im doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate
> ST3120026AS Sata hard drive
>
> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while
> i start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete,
> I go to install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes
> SATA is set in bios
>
> what am i doing wrong?
>
> i have a
>
> AMD 64 3400
> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
> BFG 6800 Ultra
> 1 gig Kingston Ram
> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
>
> thanks guys

Another try: are you sure you have the very last drivers from the site ?
Drivers working with former versions of x64 are not always working with the
final version.
Maybe you should have a look at www.planetamd64.com for newer drivers and
give it a try

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

John Barnes

If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA install
on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off the
drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved my
problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

"TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
> im
> doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS Sata
> hard
> drive
>
> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
> install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set in
> bios
>
> what am i doing wrong?
>
> i have a
>
> AMD 64 3400
> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
> BFG 6800 Ultra
> 1 gig Kingston Ram
> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
>
> thanks guys

Bob Wright

On my XP system it couldn't find the SATA drive if the drive was already
formatted.

Bob

TankEngine wrote:
> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what im
> doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS Sata hard
> drive
>
> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go to
> install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set in
> bios
>
> what am i doing wrong?
>
> i have a
>
> AMD 64 3400
> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
> BFG 6800 Ultra
> 1 gig Kingston Ram
> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
>
> thanks guys

NoNoBadDog!

"Bob Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On my XP system it couldn't find the SATA drive if the drive was already
> formatted.
>
> Bob
>
> TankEngine wrote:
>> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
>> im doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS
>> Sata hard drive
>>
>> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
>> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
>> to install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set
>> in bios what am i doing wrong?
>>
>> i have a AMD 64 3400
>> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
>> BFG 6800 Ultra
>> 1 gig Kingston Ram
>> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
>>
>> thanks guys

Are you installing the 32 bit version of SATA drivers? You need to install
the ones designed for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Bobby

JBM

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA install
> on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off the
> drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved my
> problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
> recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
> unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

Sounds like he's using a Silicon Image controller, which as least on my
system
needs a driver disk whether using RAID or not.

Jim M

> "TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
>> im
>> doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS Sata
>> hard
>> drive
>>
>> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
>> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
>> install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set in
>> bios
>>
>> what am i doing wrong?
>>
>> i have a
>>
>> AMD 64 3400
>> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
>> BFG 6800 Ultra
>> 1 gig Kingston Ram
>> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
>>
>> thanks guys

=?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

Bobby yes i have the x64 drivers

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "Bob Wright" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On my XP system it couldn't find the SATA drive if the drive was already
> > formatted.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > TankEngine wrote:
> >> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
> >> im doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS
> >> Sata hard drive
> >>
> >> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
> >> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
> >> to install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set
> >> in bios what am i doing wrong?
> >>
> >> i have a AMD 64 3400
> >> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
> >> BFG 6800 Ultra
> >> 1 gig Kingston Ram
> >> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
> >>
> >> thanks guys

> Are you installing the 32 bit version of SATA drivers? You need to install
> the ones designed for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
>
> Bobby

=?Utf-8?B?VGFua0VuZ2luZQ==?=

for any SATA hard drive install you need drivers regardless if you have raid
or not

"JBM" wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA install
> > on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off the
> > drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved my
> > problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
> > recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
> > unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

> Sounds like he's using a Silicon Image controller, which as least on my
> system
> needs a driver disk whether using RAID or not.
>
> Jim M
>

> > "TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi guys i need your help, im not a newbie, im a engineer, so i know what
> >> im
> >> doing, I have a Chaintech ZNF 150 mobo and a seagate ST3120026AS Sata
> >> hard
> >> drive
> >>
> >> I have the Silicon X64 Drivers from the site and i load them on while i
> >> start to install win x64, once the load of the drivers is complete, I go
> >> install windows but it still cant find the hard drive, yes SATA is set in
> >> bios
> >>
> >> what am i doing wrong?
> >>
> >> i have a
> >>
> >> AMD 64 3400
> >> Chaintech ZNF 150 nforce 3
> >> BFG 6800 Ultra
> >> 1 gig Kingston Ram
> >> 1 ST3120026AS 120 Gig sata drive
> >>
> >> thanks guys

John Barnes

Why don't you read the posts here from people who know. No wonder you are
unable to get it to work.

"TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> for any SATA hard drive install you need drivers regardless if you have
> raid
> or not
>
> "JBM" wrote:
>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > If you are not using RAID you don't need any drivers for your SATA
>> > install
>> > on an Nforce3 system. I had problems with that on Nforce4. Left off
>> > the
>> > drivers and worked perfectly on a SATA I drive. Still haven't Solved
>> > my
>> > problem with a SATA II install. So far Hitachi has made several
>> > recommendations and none worked. Am waiting for ASUS to reply. Still
>> > unable to install or boot a Ghosted copy on partition 1 of the drive.

>> Sounds like he's using a Silicon Image controller, which as least on my
>> system
>> needs a driver disk whether using RAID or not.
>>
>> Jim M
>>

>> > "TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

JBM

"TankEngine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> for any SATA hard drive install you need drivers regardless if you have
> raid
> or not

Of course you do, its just that windows includes some of them, for instance
nforce3 (non raid mode),
so using F6 isn't needed for them.