Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 and Sata

X64 and Sata

John Barnes

Whether they are built into the chipset or in Windows, the point is that he
DOESN'T need to F6 drivers at the install of Windows unless he is using
RAID or a PCI controller, which he doesn't say. They aren't in Windows,
NVIDIA chipset nForce4 and per posts below, nForce3 have chipset
instructions which views them as IDE.
That's why the Via chipsets need the SATA drivers F6 at install. Go read
the white paper on the nForce chipsets native support for SATA.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...