Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Canon Drivers!!!

Canon Drivers!!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to address the most demanding
business needs of technical workstation users who require large amounts of
memory and floating point performance in areas such as mechanical design and
analysis, digital content creation, and scientific and high-performance
computing applications.

Based on that, in my opinion it's a huge mistake by Canon to wait and see
what kind of demand arises. Other companies seem to be more eager to please
"the most demanding business needs".

AMD64 Device Driver Support for Windows® and Linu
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...E10454,00.html

cheers

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I have an i950, and i860 and an i560.. nothing works from x64 right now.
> I also have a LiDE80 and a 1220u scanner. Again, none work.
> I have an ancient Lexmark Optra S Laser Printer. Everything finds it and
> every operating system prints to it.
>
> So if I want to print or scan in color, it means walking to another PC or
> restarting in another O/S!
>
> Cari
> (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging

John Barnes

I have an i860 also and have been unable to get the BJC8700 driver that
seems to work with the i850, to work for me. Still looking when I am on
that system, but due to lack of support it is only on weekends.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to address the most
> demanding
> business needs of technical workstation users who require large amounts of
> memory and floating point performance in areas such as mechanical design
> and
> analysis, digital content creation, and scientific and high-performance
> computing applications.
>
> Based on that, in my opinion it's a huge mistake by Canon to wait and see
> what kind of demand arises. Other companies seem to be more eager to
> please
> "the most demanding business needs".
>
> AMD64 Device Driver Support for Windows® and Linux
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...E10454,00.html
>
> cheers
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> I have an i950, and i860 and an i560.. nothing works from x64 right now.
>> I also have a LiDE80 and a 1220u scanner. Again, none work.
>> I have an ancient Lexmark Optra S Laser Printer. Everything finds it and
>> every operating system prints to it.
>>
>> So if I want to print or scan in color, it means walking to another PC or
>> restarting in another O/S!
>>
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging

roman modic

It's "The Inquirer", but nevertheless

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24004

Maybe the bad press will force Canon to change their view.
BTW, I think that their drivers are much better then HP's
(especially for scanners)

Roman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...