Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Canon Drivers!!!

Canon Drivers!!!

Peter Schade

I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support

here it is:

Dear Peter,

Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
64 will exist.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Karl
Technical Support Representative

they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
sell and forgot

that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

Rick Mogstad

I have a canon printer, and many others I know have canon printers, and they
have probably the best support out of any of them.

Have you ever actually contacted HP support?

"Peter Schade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support
>
> here it is:
>
> Dear Peter,
>
> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
> customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
>
> At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
> system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
> 64 will exist.
>
> Thank you for choosing Canon.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Karl
> Technical Support Representative
>

> they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
> sell and forgot
>
> that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

I spoke with Canon (Canada) over the phone a couple of days ago.

They disclosed to me: the only product they currently are working on X64
drivers for, is a scanner called 9950.

When I told them I use both a Canon scanner (not a 9950) and some Powershot
cameras, they disclosed they'll develop X64 drivers "depending on demand
for'em"

So, in order to use Canon products on a single computer one has to stick to
a dual boot configuration and switch back and forth until X64 drivers are
available.

When some trade in their old XP /2003 OS for the new X64 OS they can't use
Canons products anymore if no X64 drivers are available.

I would assume that there will be enough demand though.. hopefully..

John Barnes

Same response I got, but there are a number of Canon printer drivers built
into x64. Check them out and try ones that may be close. You may get some
functions for now.

"Peter Schade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support
>
> here it is:
>
> Dear Peter,
>
> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
> customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
>
> At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
> system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
> 64 will exist.
>
> Thank you for choosing Canon.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Karl
> Technical Support Representative
>

> they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
> sell and forgot
>
> that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

Peter Schade

Support only on 32 bit divers.

Support on 64 bit !....than you have to try out the German Support and ask
for 64 bit drivers or Suse/Novell Linux Drivers!!! worst case......
most time auto reply and that was all.
and the mail says something like: we give your problem to the working group
....or to headqarter...or someting else
and then nothing.
what will say we are not interesting in satisfy costumers only got their
BUKS
e-mails from Costumers direkt way into the round basket under table

best if you like good Jokes is symantec Norton
send 4 exactly the same mails to them and got 5 absolutely different answers

HP no Prob. I'll give them a call and in most times I got a fix in one an
hour.
they will send me a downloadlink to got the files or give me a call from a
"professional technican"

OK Homepage will be worth same like Microsoft...you can got all you
need....if you'll find what you need
no clear structure!!!!
Jungle feeling...it's for the Apes...
so I go direct to MS Technet clear structure good answers and direct to the
downloadlink

all Drivers for HP you need will be in Final release XP Pro x64 Edition an
MS certified!
That will be real support give a fix for a Problem befor a Costumer will ask
for!!!

and not like other, if several thousend Costumers are on there knees and
praying for drivers
maybe they will start with programming next year or later or neverever

Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

"Rick Mogstad" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a canon printer, and many others I know have canon printers, and
>they have probably the best support out of any of them.
>
> Have you ever actually contacted HP support?
>

> "Peter Schade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support
>>
>> here it is:
>>
>> Dear Peter,
>>
>> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
>> customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
>>
>> At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
>> system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
>> 64 will exist.
>>
>> Thank you for choosing Canon.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Karl
>> Technical Support Representative
>>

>> they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
>> sell and forgot
>>
>> that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

Dennis

Yep, I had the same problem and response from Canon. I have a Canon Printer
and a Canon Scanner. I have managed to get another driver that is included
in the x64 to work fine with the Printer, but NO luck at all with the
Scanner.

What are Canon playing at really, it seems like they are supporting the
Larger Business type items, but what about us individual PC users who have
used Canon products for ages and now need there support.

Shameful, I call it.

Dennis

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Same response I got, but there are a number of Canon printer drivers built
> into x64. Check them out and try ones that may be close. You may get
> some functions for now.
>

> "Peter Schade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support
>>
>> here it is:
>>
>> Dear Peter,
>>
>> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
>> customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
>>
>> At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
>> system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
>> 64 will exist.
>>
>> Thank you for choosing Canon.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Karl
>> Technical Support Representative
>>

>> they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
>> sell and forgot
>>
>> that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

RE: "Have you ever actually contacted HP support?"

I take the liberty to answer that question:

Yes, and it went really smooth, had a broken HP printer exchanged under
warranty within 48 hours ( in Canada ), so I'll continue to use HP's
printers.

My HP printers work in X64, it's a Deskjet 720c and a Deskjet 5550 (Deskjet
5550 uses Deskjet 990c drivers under X64 with no problems)

cheers

John Barnes

What printer model do you have and what built in driver did you use? Will
probably help others here.

"Dennis" <ddls11646remove http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yep, I had the same problem and response from Canon. I have a Canon
> Printer and a Canon Scanner. I have managed to get another driver that is
> included in the x64 to work fine with the Printer, but NO luck at all with
> the Scanner.
>
> What are Canon playing at really, it seems like they are supporting the
> Larger Business type items, but what about us individual PC users who have
> used Canon products for ages and now need there support.
>
> Shameful, I call it.
>
> Dennis

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Same response I got, but there are a number of Canon printer drivers
>> built into x64. Check them out and try ones that may be close. You may
>> get some functions for now.
>>

>> "Peter Schade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I 've got an E-Mail from Canon Support
>>>
>>> here it is:
>>>
>>> Dear Peter,
>>>
>>> Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
>>> customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
>>>
>>> At this time Windows XP 64 bit is not a currently supported operating
>>> system. We do not have any information as to when any support for WinXP
>>> 64 will exist.
>>>
>>> Thank you for choosing Canon.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Karl
>>> Technical Support Representative
>>>

>>> they will have no interests in satisfy Costumers
>>> sell and forgot
>>>
>>> that will be my last Canon next time I'll buy an HP Printer!!!!

Christian Hougardy

Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RE: "Have you ever actually contacted HP support?"
>
> I take the liberty to answer that question:
>
> Yes, and it went really smooth, had a broken HP printer exchanged
> under warranty within 48 hours ( in Canada ), so I'll continue to use
> HP's printers.
>
> My HP printers work in X64, it's a Deskjet 720c and a Deskjet 5550
> (Deskjet 5550 uses Deskjet 990c drivers under X64 with no problems)
>
> cheers

Hi,

You'll find a better driver for your hp's on www.planetamd64.com
It still in beta but working very well

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Peter Schade

I check divers exactly only for 4 or 5 older ones
no S Series
no I Series
It's an S9000 B3/A3 color printer...
I have also a Powershot A 80 same.........
Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...