Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Studio 9

Studio 9

old44tom

I have tried to load Studio 9 in x64 and I get a message "can't find sp1"
Sp1 must be installed before program will load. I contacted Pinnacle, and
they simply say that the program wiil not load on x64 systems. I wonder if
there is a file that I can copy to the x64 system from the standard XP to
fool the install program. Tom

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

If Pinnacle says no, I would go with no.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"old44tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried to load Studio 9 in x64 and I get a message "can't find sp1"
>Sp1 must be installed before program will load. I contacted Pinnacle, and
>they simply say that the program wiil not load on x64 systems. I wonder if
>there is a file that I can copy to the x64 system from the standard XP to
>fool the install program. Tom

John Barnes

What version are you running. SP1 is already installed in the final RTM
according to what I have seen.

"old44tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried to load Studio 9 in x64 and I get a message "can't find sp1"
>Sp1 must be installed before program will load. I contacted Pinnacle, and
>they simply say that the program wiil not load on x64 systems. I wonder if
>there is a file that I can copy to the x64 system from the standard XP to
>fool the install program. Tom

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:10:30 -0700, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What version are you running. SP1 is already installed in the final RTM
>according to what I have seen.

I'm sorry to this to the OP, but you better ditch that POS which is
called Studio. It's a never ending beta, that software. People alsways
complain about MS making new bugs with patches, but Pinnacle has got
the ticket for that. Sony Vegas is a very nice alternative, and very
powerful. Otherwise, better keep a XP32 running, because I think
stable drivers, if they will ever be released for Studio, will take
years.

jud

John Barnes

Sorry guess that was just what it was built on Server 2003 SP1