Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remote Assistance not on x64?

Remote Assistance not on x64?

wewa

I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
to do remote assistance to help others.
but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
them, it says:

Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to Accept
(Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined. The
program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.

I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel. but
all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?

Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?

thanks.

MHPNW STAFF

I haven't used remote assistance, but I use remote desktop connection to
connect from home to work without problems....

Dennis

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>to do remote assistance to help others.
> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
> them, it says:
>
> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>
> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined. The
> program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>
> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>
> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>
> thanks.

NoNoBadDog!

"MHPNW STAFF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I haven't used remote assistance, but I use remote desktop connection to
>connect from home to work without problems....
>
> Dennis
>

> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>>to do remote assistance to help others.
>> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
>> them, it says:
>>
>> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
>> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>>
>> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined.
>> The program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>>
>> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
>> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>>
>> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>>
>> thanks.

Have you tried opening the Services Console and checking the status of the
Remote Assistance Services?

Bobby

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>to do remote assistance to help others.
> but its not working on x64. ...

Please install the final production version of the x64 product and retest.
Either download the trial version or purchase the OEM version.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...y/default.mspx
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>to do remote assistance to help others.
> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
> them, it says:
>
> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>
> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined. The
> program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>
> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>
> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>
> thanks.

wewa

Do you mean 'Remote Desktop Help Session Manager?'

It was on Automatic, but was not started.
I'll see if that does the trick.
Thanks.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "MHPNW STAFF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I haven't used remote assistance, but I use remote desktop connection to
>>connect from home to work without problems....
>>
>> Dennis
>>

>> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn
>>>messenger to do remote assistance to help others.
>>> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
>>> them, it says:
>>>
>>> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
>>> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>>>
>>> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined.
>>> The program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>>>
>>> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
>>> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>>>
>>> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up
>>> first?
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>>

> Have you tried opening the Services Console and checking the status of the
> Remote Assistance Services?
>
> Bobby

wewa

I ordered the 32/64 exchange program and its 'pending.'

thanks.

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uoGsi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>>to do remote assistance to help others.
>> but its not working on x64. ...

> Please install the final production version of the x64 product and retest.
> Either download the trial version or purchase the OEM version.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...y/default.mspx
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>>to do remote assistance to help others.
>> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
>> them, it says:
>>
>> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
>> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>>
>> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined.
>> The program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>>
>> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
>> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>>
>> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>>
>> thanks.

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

Ok great.
When you get yours shipped (or if you can;t wait you could just download the
time limited trial version) please post back if you are still having the
same problem.
I will also try and reproduce it on my x64 system.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I ordered the 32/64 exchange program and its 'pending.'
>
> thanks.
>

> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uoGsi$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn
>>>messenger to do remote assistance to help others.
>>> but its not working on x64. ...

>> Please install the final production version of the x64 product and
>> retest.
>> Either download the trial version or purchase the OEM version.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...y/default.mspx
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn
>>>messenger to do remote assistance to help others.
>>> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
>>> them, it says:
>>>
>>> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
>>> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>>>
>>> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined.
>>> The program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>>>
>>> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
>>> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>>>
>>> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up
>>> first?
>>>
>>> thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Remote Assistance I believe works with Windows Messenger, not MSN Messenger.
The reason I believe is because Windows Messenger comes built into the
operating system.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>to do remote assistance to help others.
> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
> them, it says:
>
> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>
> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined. The
> program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>
> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>
> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>
> thanks.

wewa

No, it works with MSN Messenger. I have used it many, many times this way.
http://www.imagine-msn.com/Messenger...ssistance.aspx

Thanks.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Remote Assistance I believe works with Windows Messenger, not MSN
> Messenger. The reason I believe is because Windows Messenger comes built
> into the operating system.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am running build 1433 and on my xp pro 32bit, i always use msn messenger
>>to do remote assistance to help others.
>> but its not working on x64. when someone sends me a im invite to assist
>> them, it says:
>>
>> Arleen is inviting you to start Remote Assistance. Do you want to
>> Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?
>>
>> The invitation from Arleen to start Remote Assistance was declined.
>> The program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.
>>
>> I've check system properties, and administrative services control panel.
>> but all seem to be in order. what could be the problem?
>>
>> Have you tried it? Does it work for you? Did you have to set it up first?
>>
>> thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Wewa, it requires Windows Messenger, not MSN Messenger. There is nothing in
MSN Messenger for support of Remote Assistance, except for maybe utilizing a
hotmail or msn e-mail account.
Read the requirements:
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=300546