Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > To create a perfect newsgroup.

To create a perfect newsgroup.

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:04:05 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Apple has been running OS X on Intel since version 10.0.

But that was only the Kernel core as far as I know, and not the GUI.

jud

Thomas G. Madsen

Jud Hendrix wrote:

> Dunno. Just read in some of the online mags & gossip sites about
> rumours of OSX 10.4.1 already ported to Intel. We should know
> pretty soon if that is true.

It is true. <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc05/>
I just doubt that we will see it side by side with Windows for
the next couple of years or so.

--
Regards
Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

> The dual boot thing with OS X will happen, some hacker with
> time on his or her hands will figure it out.

Probably. I just doubt that it'll happen in 2006.

--
Regards
Madsen

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, GUI too, but it was only in Apple and Intel labs.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:04:05 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Apple has been running OS X on Intel since version 10.0.

> But that was only the Kernel core as far as I know, and not the GUI.
>
> jud

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, no, the point is Windows can run on a Intel Macintosh, Apple's Phil
Schiller said they are not doing anything to do that, which would possibly
suggest, then they could run side by side, because why would you want to
sacrifice your hardware to run Windows? There would be no value in
developing OS X which would be suggesting you are more of a hardware than a
software company.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jud Hendrix wrote:
>
>> Dunno. Just read in some of the online mags & gossip sites about
>> rumours of OSX 10.4.1 already ported to Intel. We should know
>> pretty soon if that is true.

> It is true. <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc05/>
> I just doubt that we will see it side by side with Windows for
> the next couple of years or so.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:

> No, no, the point is Windows can run on a Intel Macintosh [..]

Ahh okay. I thought that you meant running OS X Tiger on an
ordinary Intel-based PC.

--
Regards
Madsen

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Apple is planning on using some proprietary BIOS to keep the good times
rolling.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>
>> No, no, the point is Windows can run on a Intel Macintosh [..]

> Ahh okay. I thought that you meant running OS X Tiger on an
> ordinary Intel-based PC.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:13:48 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No, GUI too, but it was only in Apple and Intel labs.

Ohhh, how exciting

(not really )

jud

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:02:41 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Apple is planning on using some proprietary BIOS to keep the good times
>rolling.

Duh for Apple. There are people very active in hacking BIOS'ses for
all kind of purposes, so that idea of them won't last very long.

jud

Wayne Wastier

Who told you that? I have tested it with my 3200+ AMD CPU (1mb cache) and 1
GB of DDRAM PC3200, and it worked fine

Wayne
\

news:(E-Mail Removed)...