Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Activation of Evaluation Edition

Activation of Evaluation Edition

=?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via email,
but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.

Ideas?
Thanks for your time.

KLK

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Have you tried Phone Activation?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
> work.
> I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via
> email,
> but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
> work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.
>
> Ideas?
> Thanks for your time.
>
> KLK

Wayne Wastier

"KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
> work.
> I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via
> email,
> but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
> work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.
>
> Ideas?
> Thanks for your time.
>
> KLK

What do you mean by correctness? Does the key work to install the product?

=?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

Yes, the key works for the install, but during activation the activation
process acts as if I had entered it incorrectly previously and requests the
key.

KLK

"Wayne Wastier" wrote:

> "KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
> > work.
> > I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via
> > email,
> > but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
> > work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.
> >
> > Ideas?
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > KLK

> What do you mean by correctness? Does the key work to install the product?

=?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

Andre:

No I hadn't, but that was successful. Unfortunate that the evaluation
website says activation can be accomplished via the internet when it can not.

Thank you!

KLK

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Have you tried Phone Activation?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
> > work.
> > I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via
> > email,
> > but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
> > work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.
> >
> > Ideas?
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > KLK

Wayne Wastier

"KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, the key works for the install, but during activation the activation
> process acts as if I had entered it incorrectly previously and requests
> the
> key.

Did you give the correct country you reside in when you ordered the
evaluation version? Also, you should give Andre's suggestion a try. That is,
using phone activation.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier

"KLK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre:
>
> No I hadn't, but that was successful. Unfortunate that the evaluation
> website says activation can be accomplished via the internet when it can
> not.

No, it can. I activated mine over the Internet. It must be something else.

Charlie Russel - MVP

That's the second report of activation problems we've seen. Not sure what's
going on, but phone activation is fairly painless and works. I'll ping a MS
contact about this and see if there's an issue.

--
Charlie.

KLK wrote:
> Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
> work. I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the
> key via email, but no matter how many times I check it for
> correctness it never seems to work. I even requested a second key,
> and it does not work either.
>
> Ideas?
> Thanks for your time.
>
> KLK

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The last issue with Internet Activation, Darrell from Microsoft had looked
into the issue for the person.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's the second report of activation problems we've seen. Not sure
> what's going on, but phone activation is fairly painless and works. I'll
> ping a MS contact about this and see if there's an issue.
>
> --
> Charlie.
>
> KLK wrote:
>> Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
>> work. I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the
>> key via email, but no matter how many times I check it for
>> correctness it never seems to work. I even requested a second key,
>> and it does not work either.
>>
>> Ideas?
>> Thanks for your time.
>>
>> KLK

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

could it possibly be that the drivers for your ethernet card aren't installed
yet, thus no internet connection?