Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "Hard disk not detected"

"Hard disk not detected"

=?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=

I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
"hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit the
installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Larry Samuels

Are you trying to install to a SATA drive on an unsupported controller or to
a RAID array? If so you must press F6 and load the drivers before setup can
see the drive.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
> "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
> the
> installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=

I have no idea, how do i check?

"Larry Samuels" wrote:

> Are you trying to install to a SATA drive on an unsupported controller or to
> a RAID array? If so you must press F6 and load the drivers before setup can
> see the drive.
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
> > "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
> > the
> > installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Larry Samuels

What type hard drive do you have installed,and what brand/model motherboard?

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have no idea, how do i check?
>
> "Larry Samuels" wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to install to a SATA drive on an unsupported controller or
>> a RAID array? If so you must press F6 and load the drivers before setup
>> can
>> see the drive.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> Associate Expert
>> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
>> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
>> > "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
>> > the
>> > installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

John Barnes

People have tried to help you below. The information you provide is
useless. If you want help, please give details so someone can tell where
you are and what you are using.
What is your system - Purchased? Mfg and Model #
Built - Motherboard Memory hard drives type Floppy support?
How does the install go. Problems during text phase of install, during
reboot into GUI, or on final reboot.
If drivers are necessary, and since we know nothing about your system, did
you load the appropriate latest drivers using F6 a few seconds into the text
phase.

There are lots of helpful people posting here, but they need to know more or
the posts are just guesses.

"Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
> "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
> the
> installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

=?Utf-8?B?TWl0eg==?=

I have bought my system not built it. It is a Tiny PC, but they do not seem
to sell it any more.

In system information i found out this:

Hard drive:"WDC WD20 00JD-OOHBB0 SCSI Disk Device" (200GB) it is currently
FAT32
I have a "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
I have a MicroStar motherboard (in the program files folder it there is a
file called "MS68bm" it may be the model number) Also the AMD 64 processors
TINY sell now have a motherboard called
"MicroStar MSI MS-7093 RS480 uATX " I may have the same even though that one
comes with a PCI express Gfx card not a AGP one like mine,

I dont know whether this information is useful to you. Can you please tell
me where exactly i can find the information you need.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> People have tried to help you below. The information you provide is
> useless. If you want help, please give details so someone can tell where
> you are and what you are using.
> What is your system - Purchased? Mfg and Model #
> Built - Motherboard Memory hard drives type Floppy support?
> How does the install go. Problems during text phase of install, during
> reboot into GUI, or on final reboot.
> If drivers are necessary, and since we know nothing about your system, did
> you load the appropriate latest drivers using F6 a few seconds into the text
> phase.
>
> There are lots of helpful people posting here, but they need to know more or
> the posts are just guesses.
>

> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
> > "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
> > the
> > installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

John Barnes

Good for the equipment, now for the procedures you used to install and where
exactly where you get your messages. TEXT, GUI or final boot. Did you F6
the drivers for SCSI as I asked.
I don't know SCSI requirements for X64 but I am sure when you provide the
installation details that someone will be able to assist you.
This seems to be right up Charlie's alley since it is VIA.

"Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have bought my system not built it. It is a Tiny PC, but they do not seem
> to sell it any more.
>
> In system information i found out this:
>
> Hard drive:"WDC WD20 00JD-OOHBB0 SCSI Disk Device" (200GB) it is currently
> FAT32
> I have a "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"
> AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
> I have a MicroStar motherboard (in the program files folder it there is a
> file called "MS68bm" it may be the model number) Also the AMD 64
> processors
> TINY sell now have a motherboard called
> "MicroStar MSI MS-7093 RS480 uATX " I may have the same even though that
> one
> comes with a PCI express Gfx card not a AGP one like mine,
>
> I dont know whether this information is useful to you. Can you please tell
> me where exactly i can find the information you need.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> People have tried to help you below. The information you provide is
>> useless. If you want help, please give details so someone can tell where
>> you are and what you are using.
>> What is your system - Purchased? Mfg and Model #
>> Built - Motherboard Memory hard drives type Floppy support?
>> How does the install go. Problems during text phase of install, during
>> reboot into GUI, or on final reboot.
>> If drivers are necessary, and since we know nothing about your system,
>> did
>> you load the appropriate latest drivers using F6 a few seconds into the
>> text
>> phase.
>>
>> There are lots of helpful people posting here, but they need to know more
>> or
>> the posts are just guesses.
>>

>> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it says
>> > "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me to exit
>> > the
>> > installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

Steve Thompson

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good for the equipment, now for the procedures you used to install and
> where exactly where you get your messages. TEXT, GUI or final boot. Did
> you F6 the drivers for SCSI as I asked.
> I don't know SCSI requirements for X64 but I am sure when you provide the
> installation details that someone will be able to assist you.
> This seems to be right up Charlie's alley since it is VIA.

He can look at the drivers available from this
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/post-400912.html list. VIA chipset drivers
are at the bottom of the page.

HTH,

Steve

> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have bought my system not built it. It is a Tiny PC, but they do not
>>seem
>> to sell it any more.
>>
>> In system information i found out this:
>>
>> Hard drive:"WDC WD20 00JD-OOHBB0 SCSI Disk Device" (200GB) it is
>> currently
>> FAT32
>> I have a "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"
>> AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
>> I have a MicroStar motherboard (in the program files folder it there is a
>> file called "MS68bm" it may be the model number) Also the AMD 64
>> processors
>> TINY sell now have a motherboard called
>> "MicroStar MSI MS-7093 RS480 uATX " I may have the same even though that
>> one
>> comes with a PCI express Gfx card not a AGP one like mine,
>>
>> I dont know whether this information is useful to you. Can you please
>> tell
>> me where exactly i can find the information you need.
>>
>> "John Barnes" wrote:
>>
>>> People have tried to help you below. The information you provide is
>>> useless. If you want help, please give details so someone can tell
>>> where
>>> you are and what you are using.
>>> What is your system - Purchased? Mfg and Model #
>>> Built - Motherboard Memory hard drives type Floppy support?
>>> How does the install go. Problems during text phase of install, during
>>> reboot into GUI, or on final reboot.
>>> If drivers are necessary, and since we know nothing about your system,
>>> did
>>> you load the appropriate latest drivers using F6 a few seconds into the
>>> text
>>> phase.
>>>
>>> There are lots of helpful people posting here, but they need to know
>>> more or
>>> the posts are just guesses.
>>>

>>> "Mitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

see our blog entry on F6 installs at:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../11/52162.aspx.
Your first step is to go to www.viaarena.com and download drivers for your
controller and copy them to a floppy drive. Or get them from
www.planetamd64.com if you prefer. Your VIA RAID/SATA controller absolutely
requires updated drivers to work with x64 Edition. And they must be loaded
via F6 during the initial install.

--
Charlie.

Mitz wrote:
> I have burnt the ISOimage to a disc and when i try to install it it
> says "hard disk not detected" or something like that and it wants me
> to exit the installation. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

Charlie Russel - MVP

he told us. "Hard disk not detected" says he absolutely needs an F6 install

--
Charlie.