Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit driver for Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE controller ?

Reply
Thread Tools

64 bit driver for Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE controller ?

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2005
Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE
controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2005
No, only the RAID side has a driver at this point. Though some have reported
that they could set up a single drive as a RAID array and use the Promise
that way. The best place to check for drives is still www.planetamd64.com

--
Charlie.

steve h. wrote:
> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA
> 378 IDE controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2005
steve h. wrote:
> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE
> controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve


If the M/B is an Asus K8V SE then try the one from Asus, it worked Ok
for me as a single raid drive. Now bought a fourth drive, and had my
upgrade go through, so I'm re-installing.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005

"steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378
> IDE
> controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve


Go here: http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000254 and scroll down
to the Virtual address space. You will see that it is 256 TB.


Wayne


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wayne Wastier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005
Oops, wrong thread. I hate it when my mouse jumps.


 
Reply With Quote
 
NNBXX
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005
Silly mouse, LOL !!!


"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oops, wrong thread. I hate it when my mouse jumps.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005
Well, at least your mouse jumps. Without support for Intellipoint, mine is
so slow it takes forever to get across the page and refused to jump to the
most appropriate response as in ' snap to '


"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oops, wrong thread. I hate it when my mouse jumps.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
DKI
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005
have you tried the promise site. i have 2 IDEs on raid with the promise chip
and the driver works,

http://www.promise.com/support/file/...01.00.0.25.zip

give it a try, might or might not work.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378
>> IDE
>> controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve

>
> Go here: http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000254 and scroll down
> to the Virtual address space. You will see that it is 256 TB.
>
>
> Wayne
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
DKI
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-21-2005
Also forgot to add had before it went raid i had it on a single IDE before
it went raid and it worked, as one single drive with the X64 driver.

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have you tried the promise site. i have 2 IDEs on raid with the promise
> chip and the driver works,
>
> http://www.promise.com/support/file/...01.00.0.25.zip
>
> give it a try, might or might not work.
>
> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378
>>> IDE
>>> controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve

>>
>> Go here: http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000254 and scroll
>> down to the Virtual address space. You will see that it is 256 TB.
>>
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Julian Lord [PROneTworks]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-22-2005
That's the same one I'm using

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:41:14 +0200, DKI <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Also forgot to add had before it went raid i had it on a single IDE
> before
> it went raid and it worked, as one single drive with the X64 driver.
>
> "DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> have you tried the promise site. i have 2 IDEs on raid with the promise
>> chip and the driver works,
>>
>> http://www.promise.com/support/file/...01.00.0.25.zip
>>
>> give it a try, might or might not work.
>>
>> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "steve h." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA
>>>> 378
>>>> IDE
>>>> controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve
>>>
>>> Go here: http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000254 and scroll
>>> down to the Virtual address space. You will see that it is 256 TB.
>>>
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>>

>>
>>

>
>




--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IDE/SATA and IDE/ATA controller mdnchauhan Software 0 05-19-2008 05:30 AM
RAID Hard disk, Promise FastTrak 378, K8V SE Asus-MoBo. Dennis Pack Windows 64bit 5 09-28-2006 04:08 AM
Promise Fasttrack 378 Issue =?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZS1Ecg==?= Windows 64bit 7 06-11-2005 06:37 PM
Promise IDE driver cvandevere Windows 64bit 13 05-27-2005 05:06 PM
Question re Promise Ultra ATA100 TX2 IDE (PCI) controller card Jimmy Dean Computer Support 2 07-31-2004 12:42 AM



Advertisments