Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dual Folders

Dual Folders

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

John is correct - I have a mixed set of systems. I've at least identified
that it's windows installed that changes the directory to the (x86)
regardless of what I type.

So how do I change that path?....you've got me hooked...

matt

"Wayne Wastier" wrote:

> John Barnes wrote:
> > He told you why. He has network shortcuts that point to C:\Program Files
> > not C:\Program Files (x86)
> > I assume he has a mixed system and can't change the shortcut so it points to
> > the wrong directory on his 64bit system.
> >

> I thought as much. I was hoping HE would post this info.
>

> It is easy to change path names, if you know how.
>

> Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Glad you fixed it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Matthew Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks all for the comments -
>
> The problem is that I have 9 other regular XP and 2 XP64's computers....
> and I'ld like them all to be the same...
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Another possible solution is to put a shortcut in the Program Files
>> pointing
>> to the file where it is installed
>> "Matthew Anderson" <Matthew http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Maybe it was a mistake to get two XP 64bit computers at this time - Can
>> > someone tell me if I can "FORCE" installation to the C:\Program Files
>> > directory easily ?
>> >
>> > When I install Autodesk's Land Desktop and indicate to install to the
>> > C:\Program Files directory instead of C:\Program Files (x86)
>> > directory -
>> > it
>> > appears that the installer using something called WIN64DUALFOLDERS
>> > makes a
>> > substitution. This causes a problem for some of our network shortcuts
>> > that
>> > refer to C:\Program Files directory.
>> >
>> > I also have problems with no 64bit driver for the HP DesignJet 1050C
>> > Plus
>> > printer.
>> >
>> > I might have to wait until this is ready for prime time...
>> >
>> > Matthew Anderson
>> > anderson at jaseng.com

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

I'll probably add the shortcut on the 2 64bit machines to point to the
correct files.

The website didn't have the driver I was looing for,,,I'll still hunt for a
work around.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Glad you fixed it.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Matthew Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks all for the comments -
> >
> > The problem is that I have 9 other regular XP and 2 XP64's computers....
> > and I'ld like them all to be the same...
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> Another possible solution is to put a shortcut in the Program Files
> >> pointing
> >> to the file where it is installed
> >> "Matthew Anderson" <Matthew (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

TimMayert TimMayert is offline
Junior Member

Matthew, did you ever get an answer for this?

We have a 32 bit installer project that we have have to force files to go to the ..\Program Files\.. folder because we are working with a 3rd party app that has hardcoded their app to look for our software in the ..\Program Files\.. folder. Since it is a 3rd party app we have no control over it and they do not have the resources or time to change their app for this release.

So did you get something that will force the folder?

Oh and we do not want to currently support 2 install projects, one for 64 bit and one for 32 bit.

Thanks,

Tim Mayert.