Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of our
printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to introduce
drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is there any way round
this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
going to introduce 64 bit drivers?
--
Mike

=?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=

HP does have a FAQ posted on their site indicating their printers they will
support unders x64. You can find the FAQ here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00364537

If you cannot find your printer on the list, it has been suggested that you
try choosing a printer driver for a similar HP printer. The chances are good
that it will driver will work.

"Michael Hadley" wrote:

> Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of our
> printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to introduce
> drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is there any way round
> this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
> going to introduce 64 bit drivers?
> --
> Mike

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:20:05 -0700, "Michael Hadley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there any way round
>this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
>going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

If you can't find them on HP's website (they have x64 drivers), then
try and use the drivers of a model similar to the model you have. This
might work.
For the rest, e-mail them politely, asking for 64-bit drivers for your
printer-model, and sit back, have a nice cold beer, and wait.

jud

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

Many thanks but we have a LaserJet 3300 only just under a year old but there
appears to be no workaround or download for this range.

Mike

"re_boot" wrote:

> HP does have a FAQ posted on their site indicating their printers they will
> support unders x64. You can find the FAQ here
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00364537
>
> If you cannot find your printer on the list, it has been suggested that you
> try choosing a printer driver for a similar HP printer. The chances are good
> that it will driver will work.
>

> "Michael Hadley" wrote:
>
> > Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of our
> > printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to introduce
> > drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is there any way round
> > this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
> > going to introduce 64 bit drivers?
> > --
> > Mike

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Michael Hadley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many thanks but we have a LaserJet 3300 only just under a year old but
> there
> appears to be no workaround or download for this range.

As was suggested have you tried using one fo the older standard drivers in
included in the x64 product such as a LaserJet 5 driver or one of the
others.
These have been found to occasionally work to allow basic printing
functionality.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Michael Hadley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many thanks but we have a LaserJet 3300 only just under a year old but
> there
> appears to be no workaround or download for this range.
>
> Mike
>
> "re_boot" wrote:
>
>> HP does have a FAQ posted on their site indicating their printers they
>> will
>> support unders x64. You can find the FAQ here
>>
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00364537
>>
>> If you cannot find your printer on the list, it has been suggested that
>> you
>> try choosing a printer driver for a similar HP printer. The chances are
>> good
>> that it will driver will work.
>>

>> "Michael Hadley" wrote:
>>
>> > Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of our
>> > printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to
>> > introduce
>> > drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is there any way
>> > round
>> > this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP
>> > are
>> > going to introduce 64 bit drivers?
>> > --
>> > Mike

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

Has anyone seen anything on Canon printers, specifically the Pixima series?

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:20:05 -0700, "Michael Hadley"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Is there any way round
> >this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
> >going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

> If you can't find them on HP's website (they have x64 drivers), then
> try and use the drivers of a model similar to the model you have. This
> might work.
> For the rest, e-mail them politely, asking for 64-bit drivers for your
> printer-model, and sit back, have a nice cold beer, and wait.
>
> jud

John Barnes

Received this from Canon 1 hour ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your concerns, but at this time, Canon USA has not
announced Windows XP x64 driver availability for consumer products. We
do not have any specific information on development schedules, but as
soon as any specific product support or announcements are made, and
drivers become available, it will be posted to the Web site. I again
regret any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jack
Technical Support Representative

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone seen anything on Canon printers, specifically the Pixima
> series?
>
> "Jud Hendrix" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:20:05 -0700, "Michael Hadley"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there any way round
>> >this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
>> >going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

>> If you can't find them on HP's website (they have x64 drivers), then
>> try and use the drivers of a model similar to the model you have. This
>> might work.
>> For the rest, e-mail them politely, asking for 64-bit drivers for your
>> printer-model, and sit back, have a nice cold beer, and wait.
>>
>> jud

Christian Hougardy

Michael Hadley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of
> our printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to
> introduce drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is
> there any way round this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info
> as to when and if HP are going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

Hi Michael

Have a look at www.planetamd64.com, you'll find a driver for HP.
My 6100 all in one is working thanks to planetamd64

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

Christian, Many thanks for replying but where on www.planetamd64.com did you
find the driver? I've searched it.

Mike

"Christian Hougardy" wrote:

> Michael Hadley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of
> > our printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to
> > introduce drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is
> > there any way round this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info
> > as to when and if HP are going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

> Hi Michael
>
> Have a look at www.planetamd64.com, you'll find a driver for HP.
> My 6100 all in one is working thanks to planetamd64
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
> Johannesburg - South Africa
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif

Christian Hougardy

Michael Hadley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Christian, Many thanks for replying but where on www.planetamd64.com
> did you find the driver? I've searched it.
>
> Mike

Hi Michael,

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=289

As I don't know what kind of HP you have, I hope it will help

Cheers