Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Update (x64)?

Windows Update (x64)?

Jed

Anyone tried checking Window Update today?

It wants to install new Update software but fails after downloading
(apparently) the files, at least on my machine. Tried both the 32bit
and 64bit IEs. 64bit just wants to start a 32bit instance of IE.

Didn't expect to find anything but I check Update just in case they
surprise me.

-jd
j e d @ comcast.net

Christian Hougardy

Jed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Anyone tried checking Window Update today?
>
> It wants to install new Update software but fails after downloading
> (apparently) the files, at least on my machine. Tried both the 32bit
> and 64bit IEs. 64bit just wants to start a 32bit instance of IE.
>
> Didn't expect to find anything but I check Update just in case they
> surprise me.
>
> -jd
> j e d @ comcast.net

Have a look here buddy:
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof....aspx?ln=en-us
Don't try IE64 it doesn't work because of the activeX.....

--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Torrey Lauer

Try the Microsoft Update at http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate.
This is their new updated update service. Maybe this will work where the
Windows Update fails?

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"Jed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone tried checking Window Update today?
>
> It wants to install new Update software but fails after downloading
> (apparently) the files, at least on my machine. Tried both the 32bit
> and 64bit IEs. 64bit just wants to start a 32bit instance of IE.
>
> Didn't expect to find anything but I check Update just in case they
> surprise me.
>
> -jd
> j e d @ comcast.net

Dennis Pack

I just ran Windows update on my Presario R3000Z with X64 RTM, no problems or
updates available.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...