Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Bootable CD

Bootable CD

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlRmx5aW5nU2NvdHNtYW4=?=

I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto a cd,
problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

M. Murcek

Yeah, make a coaster out of that disk, and use your CD burning program to
BURN AN IMAGE FROM THE ISO!!!

"TheFlyingScotsman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto a
> cd,
> problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, you are not suppose to extract the ISO, here are the instructions on how
to burn an ISO:

you have to burn it CD, not copy it, do not extract the ISO, thats the bad
way
to do it. You need boot off the Windows XP Professional x64 CD-ROM to do the
installation, can't run setup from within 32 bit Windows.

Instructions for burning ISO using either Nero or Easy CD Creator:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"TheFlyingScotsman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto a
> cd,
> problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

Christian Hougardy

TheFlyingScotsman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto
> a cd, problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

Yes, it's a ISO File, you do not have to extract the files. Just use Nero or
any other CDburner software and burn the image.
--
Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
Johannesburg - South Africa

Rick

Where did you get the idea you were supposed to "extract the files" from
an .ISO?

The only thing you're supposed to do with an .ISO is use an appropriate
software, like Nero Burning ROM, that "burns image to disc." The .ISO
is a mirror image of the original CD and all you have to do is burn it
to a CD so that the image is transferred to your CD.

TheFlyingScotsman wrote:
> I've just downloaded winxp64 extracted the files and burned them onto a cd,
> problem is the cd will not boot, any ideas on how to solve this?

Bootable USB for bootable ISO image? BertieBigBollox@gmail.com Computer Support 7 09-14-2009 08:19 AM
Which is cheapest bootable USB Flash Disk/Pen Drive (over 128MB)? Arawak Computer Support 1 08-01-2003 06:52 AM
Bootable CD Bob Computer Support 5 07-22-2003 07:27 AM
Re: Bootable Cd Scott TNT Piehler Computer Support 0 06-23-2003 02:07 PM
Re: Bootable Cd NEMISIES Computer Support 0 06-23-2003 12:39 PM

Advertisments