Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > USB Flash / Thumb drives

USB Flash / Thumb drives

=?Utf-8?B?ZHZwd2py?=

None of my usb mass storage devices (using several different brands) do not
work under XP 64.

Is there a work- around or am I just out of luck..

Thanks

warpsix

both of my usb 2.0 hard drives worked fine.i did not need to install
anything else.i do not have a thumb drive to check

dvpwjr wrote:
> None of my usb mass storage devices (using several different brands) do not
> work under XP 64.
>
> Is there a work- around or am I just out of luck..
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?ZHZwd2py?=

My USB hard drive and Firewire drive work great.. It is the small ones that
are having the problem.

"warpsix" wrote:

> both of my usb 2.0 hard drives worked fine.i did not need to install
> anything else.i do not have a thumb drive to check
>

> dvpwjr wrote:
> > None of my usb mass storage devices (using several different brands) do not
> > work under XP 64.
> >
> > Is there a work- around or am I just out of luck..
> >
> > Thanks

Charlie Russel - MVP

Well, I have two here, a "gizmo" at 512 Mb, and another one, at 256 Mb, don't
remember the brand. One is USB2, the other USB 1.1. Both worked without any
issue at all. Just plugged them in, and they worked. Which is, by the way,
what I would expect. (Note that the gizmo's secure partition depends on a
piece of 32bit software and driver that is NOT supported, but as a simple,
plain USB drive it worked fine. )

--
Charlie.

dvpwjr wrote:
> My USB hard drive and Firewire drive work great.. It is the small
> ones that are having the problem.
>
> "warpsix" wrote:
>
>> both of my usb 2.0 hard drives worked fine.i did not need to install
>> anything else.i do not have a thumb drive to check
>>

>> dvpwjr wrote:
>>> None of my usb mass storage devices (using several different
>>> brands) do not work under XP 64.
>>>
>>> Is there a work- around or am I just out of luck..
>>>
>>> Thanks

Randy

They may be FAT12 formatted which is prolly incompatible... just a guess

"dvpwjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> None of my usb mass storage devices (using several different brands) do

not
> work under XP 64.
>
> Is there a work- around or am I just out of luck..
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?U291bGxlc3MgR2Vlaw==?=

I have a simpleTech 512MB Pen drive and it works fine in XP64.