Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > can I get 32bit windows xp?

can I get 32bit windows xp?

NoNoBadDog!

In addition, AMD has two other advantages: On die memory controller and the
hypertransport bus. The current crop of Intel EM64T chips have neither.

Bobby

"Michael Zerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Go with AMD, they invented the EM64T instruction set(intel followed) and
> they are less expensive. In truth they are pretty much equal performance
> wise(I think AMD holds a slight edge) however AMD costs less. To me its a
> no brainer to go with AMD
>
> Miclo wrote:
>> Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing...
>> is AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

John Barnes

At the moment Intel for business apps and AMD for gaming. Then again, AMD is
cheaper and less expensive to run. Depends on what you are going to do.

"Miclo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing...
> is
> AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWljbG8=?=

Well... I want to use it for gaming.. I do mostly gaming and little office
work... hehe
I also run a communication program that uses ip to login to my server (which
is ran on the same computer).Three to four applications are ran so that I can
play with other friends aswell as banning programs.. AMD?? Right chip to get
right??? I do online gaming only so the chip that I am thinking of getting is
the one to get right?? Don't want to buy something not worth buying.

Shane

"Miclo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing...
> is
> AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

I looked at a lot of benchmarks, and you should too. There are different
strengths to each processor, and you will find some surprising results on
the benchmarks that may lean you in one direction. For me, the AMD offered
wayyy more for the money, especially when looking at 64-bit. I won't post
convincing results - this is something you should do your own research on
and see the benchmarks.

Shane

John Barnes

Sounds like AMD would work best for you. Also recommend the 939 motherboard
for greater flexibility in the future. Good luck.

"Miclo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well... I want to use it for gaming.. I do mostly gaming and little office
> work... hehe
> I also run a communication program that uses ip to login to my server
> (which
> is ran on the same computer).Three to four applications are ran so that I
> can
> play with other friends aswell as banning programs.. AMD?? Right chip to
> get
> right??? I do online gaming only so the chip that I am thinking of getting
> is
> the one to get right?? Don't want to buy something not worth buying.

Rob Stow

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> In addition, AMD has two other advantages: On die memory controller and the
> hypertransport bus. The current crop of Intel EM64T chips have neither.
>
> Bobby

You forgot another important advantage: The AMD64 chips use a
*lot* less power to do the same job - which means they run cooler
and quieter. And the lack of an onboard memory controller not
only slows down Intel's crappy AMD64 clones, it also means Intel
motherboards need an external memory controller that adds 15 to
20 W to the power consumed by the chipset.

> "Michael Zerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Go with AMD, they invented the EM64T instruction set(intel followed) and
>>they are less expensive. In truth they are pretty much equal performance
>>wise(I think AMD holds a slight edge) however AMD costs less. To me its a
>>no brainer to go with AMD
>>
>>Miclo wrote:
>>
>>>Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing...
>>>is AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

=?Utf-8?B?SGF3a2lucw==?=

Well here's a hardware question for the folks in the know. Can 64bit run two
Dual core AMD 64bit chips. I don't mean one dual core I actully mean to full
out dual core chips. Basicly yes 4 chips, can Xp64 do that?

Colin Nowell

In a word, yes. The XP x64 OEM licence is for up to 2 x CPUs and in this
case, each of those CPUs may have a dual-core (which actually equals 4 of
course). For hardware purposes, XP x64 counts one CPU piece as 1 CPU; even
though it may have a dual-core.

Colin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...