Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > can I get 32bit windows xp?

can I get 32bit windows xp?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVlbmE=?=

I just got my 64bit computer with win xp64 installed but none of my
peripherals work (printer, cable modem) could I get a 32bit win xp cd while I
wait for the drivers? I noticed there was an option to trade up, maybe I
could trade down?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Contact the seller for trade down options.
As far as I know Microsoft has no trade down option for 64 bit.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Jeena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just got my 64bit computer with win xp64 installed but none of my
> peripherals work (printer, cable modem) could I get a 32bit win xp cd
> while I
> wait for the drivers? I noticed there was an option to trade up, maybe I
> could trade down?

John Barnes

If you are retiring your old computer, why don't you just bring the old
system over to the new computer and reactivate if necessary. You can dual
boot until x64 becomes useful.

"Jeena" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just got my 64bit computer with win xp64 installed but none of my
> peripherals work (printer, cable modem) could I get a 32bit win xp cd
> while I
> wait for the drivers? I noticed there was an option to trade up, maybe I
> could trade down?

Intel Inside

Of course you should trade down. Send me the current PC & order yourself a
new system immediately!.

=?Utf-8?B?TWljbG8=?=

I want to buy a new system with a 64 bit Processor ( AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939)
but is it compatible with Windows XP Pro 32 bit??

NNBXX

Yes, AMD64 or EM64T processors are compatible with Windows XP Pro 32 bit,
but you definitely need a AMD64/EM64T processor to run Windows XP Pro x64
Edition.

"Miclo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to buy a new system with a 64 bit Processor ( AMD Athlon 64 3700+
>939)
> but is it compatible with Windows XP Pro 32 bit??

=?Utf-8?B?dGhlcGVhcnRyZWU=?=

I can answer that one for. Yes, you'll have no problems at all. I've been
running that way since about the beginning of the year.

peartree
--
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop...

"Miclo" wrote:

> I want to buy a new system with a 64 bit Processor ( AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939)
> but is it compatible with Windows XP Pro 32 bit??

=?Utf-8?B?TWljbG8=?=

Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing... is
AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

DKI

Best bet is to read arround. I have both intel and AMD and as far as i am
concerned from reading as well as seeing for my self

AMD is best for Gaming the AMD Atholon 64 3700+ is only 2.4Ghz but its not
the speed its the (if i can spell it right) archeture that is why it runs
better.
feel free to correct my spelling and i had no luck with word on spellcheck
on (archeture)

Intel is the best for video encoding but when comes to gaming AMD offers
better performance per pound/dollar or what ever the currency people use.

AMD is cheaper than intel

AMD are also alot cooler when running compaired to Intel

"Miclo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Alright.... thx for the info guys. You guys rock. O .. one more thing...
> is
> AMD better or is Intel?? Facts only plz!!

Michael Zerr

Go with AMD, they invented the EM64T instruction set(intel followed) and
they are less expensive. In truth they are pretty much equal performance
wise(I think AMD holds a slight edge) however AMD costs less. To me its
a no brainer to go with AMD